Front Royal, VA · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 1 vote
I am a looking for any suggestions that can help us with our home. We currently live in Front Royal Va. Our home needs a lot or repairs which we do not have the money for. We need a new roof and we have water damage in finished basement that we cannot afford to fix either. We bought as a 4 bedroom 2 bath, but because we had to tear out the one room were down to 3 bed and 2 bath. I feel like our only way of selling this place is to an investor. Our goal is to get enough out of it to at least pay off the mortgage. We have a usda loan and owe $160k. We do not have enough equity to get the repairs done and not good enough credit to qualify for a personal loan for the amount we would need to fix it. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Real Estate Agent · Madison, WI · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 11 votes
5y
@Aaron Fletcher I’m terribly sorry to hear about your current situation. Yes, I do think an investor could be a great solution. If there isn’t an investor on BP that is ready to tackle the needed work, I can send you contact info for an agent in your area that will be able to help you navigate next steps. PM me if you need contacts. Angie
Real Estate Agent · Madison, WI · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 11 votes
5y
@Aaron Fletcher I’m terribly sorry to hear about your current situation. Yes, I do think an investor could be a great solution. If there isn’t an investor on BP that is ready to tackle the needed work, I can send you contact info for an agent in your area that will be able to help you navigate next steps. PM me if you need contacts. Angie
Real Estate Investor · Williamson County, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 961 votes
5y
@Aaron Fletcher Typically you get the highest price with the most market exposure. Time is the main issue. Do you have time to market the house? Do you have any offers from investors? Maybe get a few. Then You might try listing with a realtor on the mls for a short time...30 days to see if you can get more money...net more money. Have the investor offers excluded from commission contract so you can choose whichever is highest. Don't sign a contract with a realtor who will not let you exclude any offers you have received from the commission obligation. now, If you don't get better offers with a realtor, the investor may want to renegotiate, but investor offers are probably very low vs market (mls) offers so maybe not. You do need to put in work to get top dollar on the mls, clean and declutter. If your house says "I have given up," you will get a corresponding offer. Just what I would do. not an expert.
I am a looking for any suggestions that can help us with our home. We currently live in Front Royal Va. Our home needs a lot or repairs which we do not have the money for. We need a new roof and we have water damage in finished basement that we cannot afford to fix either. We bought as a 4 bedroom 2 bath, but because we had to tear out the one room were down to 3 bed and 2 bath. I feel like our only way of selling this place is to an investor. Our goal is to get enough out of it to at least pay off the mortgage. We have a usda loan and owe $160k. We do not have enough equity to get the repairs done and not good enough credit to qualify for a personal loan for the amount we would need to fix it. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Hit me up with a message and we can talk.. I am currently finishing up a home that needed rehabbing in front royal. May be looking for another one depending where your home is located.