Real Estate License Negatively Affect Getting an FHA Loan??

Real Estate License Negatively Affect Getting an FHA Loan??

Marietta, GA · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 4 votes

Hello all. I've been seriously thinking about getting my Real Estate License first in Illinois, and then in New York (I'll be moving for a few years). I'll be settling back in Illinois after a few years in New York, and when I do come back, I would like to buy my first owner occupied investment property.

The questions is would my having a Real Estate License negatively affect me being approved for an FHA loan? Are there any legal stipulations there? I don't remember reading that there were, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thank you to anyone who can share some insight on this!

0Reply
7 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    13y

    No legal stipulations that I know of. You can even earn a commission when buying and FHA dosnt care.

  • Marietta, GA · Member since 2013 · 53 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Thanks for the response Anson. Yeah I haven't heard that it would cause any issues, but again just wanted to make sure. Thanks again!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.