BiggerPockets Podcast 235: How to Find and Fund Real Estate Deals with Anson Young
From the millions of people who come to BiggerPockets each month, there are two issues that we hear about over and over and over: People can’t find deals, and they can’t find money. So today on the BiggerPockets Podcast, we’re excited to dive deep into these two issues with a good friend of BiggerPockets—Anson Young. Anson is an experienced investor (and new author!) who shares his best tips for finding real estate deals, even in a competitive market. You’ll learn his best direct mail tips, advice for talking with sellers, and much, much more!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: Patch of Land. Patch of Land is a Peer-to-Real-Estate (“P2RE”) lending marketplace that matches accredited and institutional investors seeking high-yield, short-term, asset-collateralized investments to borrowers seeking more timely and consistent sources of funding for rehabbing properties across America.
Learn more by visiting Patch of Land!
Fire Round Sponsor
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who is Anson Young?
- How many deals he has done so far
- The most common mistakes made when finding deals
- How to set the right criteria
- Where to find great properties
- How to cut through the competition
- Tips for using CRMS and checklists for direct mail marketing
- Where Anson gets his lists
- What exactly a probate is
- How to maximize networking and referrals
- How to use bandit signs the right way
- The bonuses you’ll get with Anson’s book
- What you need to know about funding deals
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Store
- BiggerPockets Podcast 034: Virtual Real Estate Investing and How to Find Great Deals in a Hot Market with Anson Young
- BiggerPockets Podcast 096: Finding Deals, Wholesaling and House Flipping in a Hot Market With Anson Young
- BiggerPockets Podcast 144: Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone and Kicking Butt at Real Estate with Danny Johnson
- BiggerPockets Podcast 232: The Four Lead Sources Nathan Brooks is Using to Flip 120 Houses a Year
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Finding and Funding Great Deals by Anson Young
- The book on investing with Low or No Money Down by Brandon Turner
- The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Ego Is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- “Step one is always finding out where you want to be for what you want to do.” (Tweet This!)
- “The more work it takes, the less competition I have.” (Tweet This!)
- “I don’t trust anyone’s numbers.” (Tweet This!)