Looking to Connect With Some Lenders in Columbus, OH

Looking to Connect With Some Lenders in Columbus, OH

Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2021 · 231 posts · 188 votes

Hello all! I plan on moving to Columbus, OH within the next month and a half and purchasing a duplex with a FHA loan. I am currently having an issue getting pre-approved because I currently live in CA and I would need to prove employment for when I get to Columbus. I know I can easily get a job right before moving, But closing on a property takes a while and I would like to avoid renting month to month while trying to find a deal. I would really prefer to purchase and then move to avoid having to move twice or worry about renting somewhere short-term. I have a steady job with good income right now and I could transfer with my job or get a better one if needed. Unfortunately I work in security so the branch office in Columbus us will not be able to offer me a position until a couple weeks before moving. Does anyone have some advise on how I should approach this? I would love to find out if there are more creative ways I can go about this so that I have a duplex to move into when I first get there. Thank you to all who respond!

2Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Consultant · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 5 votes
4y

Nate Kinkopf with Neighborhood Loans would be a great resource for you. He manages the Columbus office. 

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Nate Kinkopf with Neighborhood Loans would be a great resource for you. He manages the Columbus office. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2021 · 203 posts · 247 votes
    4y

    Bri Foreman with Union Home is personable, creative and honest. Good person to pick her brain. 

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Thomas O'Donnell:

    Hello all! I plan on moving to Columbus, OH within the next month and a half and purchasing a duplex with a FHA loan. I am currently having an issue getting pre-approved because I currently live in CA and I would need to prove employment for when I get to Columbus. I know I can easily get a job right before moving, But closing on a property takes a while and I would like to avoid renting month to month while trying to find a deal. I would really prefer to purchase and then move to avoid having to move twice or worry about renting somewhere short-term. I have a steady job with good income right now and I could transfer with my job or get a better one if needed. Unfortunately I work in security so the branch office in Columbus us will not be able to offer me a position until a couple weeks before moving. Does anyone have some advise on how I should approach this? I would love to find out if there are more creative ways I can go about this so that I have a duplex to move into when I first get there. Thank you to all who respond!

     @Ashley Cross can you give some advise about getting a pre-approval in Columbus, Ohio, please?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.