Hello, I found a duplex that I would like to purchase in LA. I am looking for a small local bank that has flexible terms to talk to you. Any reccomendations?
Gotcha. Well, if you qualify for an FHA loan, that could work. Standard FHA is 3.5% down. There may also be some first-time buyer loan programs. A lot of the big lenders do FHA loans - could be a good place to start researching.
Real Estate Agent · Miramar Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 285 posts · 245 votes
3y
@Benjamin Furney What exactly do you mean by flexible? There are so many banks and lenders around here, narrowing your goals down might help others who have connections. Like maybe banks that are doing ARMs? DSCR loans? Low-down payment programs?
Gotcha. Well, if you qualify for an FHA loan, that could work. Standard FHA is 3.5% down. There may also be some first-time buyer loan programs. A lot of the big lenders do FHA loans - could be a good place to start researching.
Hello, I found a duplex that I would like to purchase in LA. I am looking for a small local bank that has flexible terms to talk to you. Any reccomendations?
Why not just do the FHA 3.5% down? Do you already have one? I can connect you with my lender if you’d like
Thanks for the reply Marshall, it looks like the 5% down for conventional doesnt exist under freddie mac and fannie mae. Thats where I was confused.
Hey Ben, there actually is a conventional loan option for 5% down on a 2-4 unit property; however, there are certain stipulations including not having ownership in more than one other property at time of closing and you must make < 80% of the area median income to qualify. Otherwise a 3.5% down FHA loan may be your best bet. Happy to chat if you'd like a second opinion.