Commercial Real Estate Loan referral fee

Commercial Real Estate Loan referral fee

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 2 votes

This is a question for Commercial Real Estate lenders.  What type of referral fee commision is standard these days on a Commercial Real Estate loan?  The loan needed will probably be around 5 million.

1Reply
5 views

Most Popular Reply

Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2019 · 434 posts · 248 votes
3y

For that size, I agree 0.5%-1%.  I would charge 0.5% in yield spread and keep the up front costs to nothing.  Nice and easy.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Dallas, TX · Member since 2023 · 71 posts · 19 votes
    3y

    Robert,

    I am a residential lender but I do have plenty of contacts in that space and I would say to expect .5% to 2% depending on the deal and your relationship. 

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Robert Johnson:

    This is a question for Commercial Real Estate lenders.  What type of referral fee commision is standard these days on a Commercial Real Estate loan?  The loan needed will probably be around 5 million.

     Usually .5-1%. These bigger deals are skinny on the commissions

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2019 · 434 posts · 248 votes
    3y

    For that size, I agree 0.5%-1%.  I would charge 0.5% in yield spread and keep the up front costs to nothing.  Nice and easy.

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nick Conley:

    Robert,

    I am a residential lender but I do have plenty of contacts in that space and I would say to expect .5% to 2% depending on the deal and your relationship. 


     Any Commercial Lending contacts in Texas that you could refer to?

  • Lender · Dallas, TX · Member since 2023 · 71 posts · 19 votes
    3y

    @Robert Johnson,

    I would need to know a little bit more about the deal as a whole for that, when you have a chance feel free to message me directly and I can get you to the right people hopefully.

  • Lender · Washington DC · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    .5 - 1 depending on complexity and how fast the borrower is at getting needs list.

  • Lender · Denton, TX · Member since 2023 · 349 posts · 80 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Robert Johnson:

    This is a question for Commercial Real Estate lenders.  What type of referral fee commision is standard these days on a Commercial Real Estate loan?  The loan needed will probably be around 5 million.


     Like everyone has said here, normally 0.5-1%. Since the loan amount is usually larger normally it isn't more than 1% per lender involved in the deal. If there is say a broker and a lender usually they share the fee for origination

  • Lender · Rosenberg, TX · Member since 2022 · 286 posts · 130 votes
    3y

    @Robert Johnson typically for referral I pay 30% of my commission as points can vary on the type of deal. Are you a lender looking for a lender to broker?  If you are brokering 1% is normal, but the lenders are all 2-3pts origination to start.

    Bartlinglending.com is my commercial site 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.