What is the highest dollar amount seen for a HELOC?

What is the highest dollar amount seen for a HELOC?

Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 5 votes
Hi, I've searched through a lot of credit unions and other banks and the cap on the HELOC amount I'm seeing is 250K.
Of course, assuming you have the equity, credit, etc.  Are there any banks out there that will exceed that amount?  What's the highest anyone has come across?  I'm located in AZ
1Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2024 · 84 posts · 106 votes
2y

Citizens Bank approved a $390k HELOC for me. Not sure why since I have about $300k equity in my home.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason WrayPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    There are No Cap Heloc's over $1-Million it depends on the LTV/CLTV and borrower risk.

  • Member since 2024 · 84 posts · 106 votes
    2y

    Citizens Bank approved a $390k HELOC for me. Not sure why since I have about $300k equity in my home.

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Todd Pippin:
    Hi, I've searched through a lot of credit unions and other banks and the cap on the HELOC amount I'm seeing is 250K.
    Of course, assuming you have the equity, credit, etc.  Are there any banks out there that will exceed that amount?  What's the highest anyone has come across?  I'm located in AZ

     It is usually about $1 mil. If you need a higher loan amount, you may need to consider a stand alone second mortgage. 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.