Financing for non-us citizens / overseas investors

Financing for non-us citizens / overseas investors

Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hi BiggerPockets team,

I am a rookie US real estate investor searching for financing options for my first deal.

Personal Profile
Citizenship: Israeli
I do not have US citizenship or a long-term visa.

Investment Goals
Long-term rentals in good B/B+ locations
Low-maintenance properties
Kansas City, MO/KS, or its suburbs

    I am familiar with what https://lendai.us is offering, but I am trying to find other alternatives.

    Thank you!

    1Reply
    25 views

    Most Popular Reply

    Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Alexander Roussakov:

    Hi BiggerPockets team,

    I am a rookie US real estate investor searching for financing options for my first deal.

    Personal Profile
    Citizenship: Israeli
    I do not have US citizenship or a long-term visa.

    Investment Goals
    Long-term rentals in good B/B+ locations
    Low-maintenance properties
    Kansas City, MO/KS, or its suburbs

      I am familiar with what https://lendai.us is offering, but I am trying to find other alternatives.

      Thank you!


       Hey Alex, 

      There are foreign national DSCR loan programs available for your scenario:

      Below are the list of requirements I have found most lenders have : 

      1. At least 2 US credit scores required to qualify. (Few lenders will allow no US credit, but will result in an LTV reduction.

      2. LLC or Corporation is required in most cases

      3. Passport 

      It's a pretty simple loan. I would recommend talking to many lenders/brokers to see which one has the most experience funding these loan types. 

      LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
      See this reply in the discussion

      6 Replies

      Jump to latestLatest
      • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
        1y
        Quote from @Mitch Messer:
        Quote from @Alexander Roussakov:

        Hi BiggerPockets team,

        I am a rookie US real estate investor searching for financing options for my first deal.

        Personal Profile
        Citizenship: Israeli
        I do not have US citizenship or a long-term visa.

        Investment Goals
        Long-term rentals in good B/B+ locations
        Low-maintenance properties
        Kansas City, MO/KS, or its suburbs

          I am familiar with what https://lendai.us is offering, but I am trying to find other alternatives.

          Thank you!


          You should consider private money!

          If you contact me (my BiggerPockets profile explains how), I'd be happy to explain.


           Thank you! I will check this out!

        • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
          Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
          1y
          Quote from @Alexander Roussakov:

          Hi BiggerPockets team,

          I am a rookie US real estate investor searching for financing options for my first deal.

          Personal Profile
          Citizenship: Israeli
          I do not have US citizenship or a long-term visa.

          Investment Goals
          Long-term rentals in good B/B+ locations
          Low-maintenance properties
          Kansas City, MO/KS, or its suburbs

            I am familiar with what https://lendai.us is offering, but I am trying to find other alternatives.

            Thank you!


             Hey Alex, 

            There are foreign national DSCR loan programs available for your scenario:

            Below are the list of requirements I have found most lenders have : 

            1. At least 2 US credit scores required to qualify. (Few lenders will allow no US credit, but will result in an LTV reduction.

            2. LLC or Corporation is required in most cases

            3. Passport 

            It's a pretty simple loan. I would recommend talking to many lenders/brokers to see which one has the most experience funding these loan types. 

            LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
          • Steven GlickBusiness Member
            Lender · Buffalo · Member since 2024 · 115 posts · 33 votes
            1y

            Hey Alex,

            We specialize in working with foreign nationals and offer loan programs that don’t require US citizenship. If you’d like to explore these options or have questions about financing, feel free to reach out! happy to connect and help you on your journey!




          • Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 14 votes
            1y

            Hi Mr. Roussakov. Yes there are alternatives for both beige and 30 year loans for no US borrowers. You''ll need more down and additional reserves. Before seeking financing, I would advise getting an LLC setup right away since without a SS# it takes longer to get an EIN number from the IRS. You will also need a US bank account. Mercury bank is very popular and user friendly for those outside the US. Hope that helps.

          Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.