Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
This is a completely Off-Grid house/cabin on 5 acres......built with no permits. Has solar, propane, septic and I am a long-time licensed GC (if that matters?)
Everything is up to code, except the foundation, which is unique.
Lender · Charleston, SC · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9mo
This property wont fit the securitization model, so whomever lends on it will have to hold the paper. Probably either a private lender who's comfortable with the property as collateral or maybe some kind of agricultural/farm-oriented credit union (not sure where this property is located).
Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
9mo
Is the land worth anything close to the asking price? Maybe get a loan for the land value and ask the seller tp\o carry the difference or that could be the downpayment amount? If you can’t get easy financing neither can other buyers, that should help with price negotiations like non-qualifying condos
Any local lenders who have dealt with the situation before? Any neighboring properties you can ask the owners of what they did?
Use equity in another property you already own?
Good luck, let us know what ends up working for you.
Is the land worth anything close to the asking price? Maybe get a loan for the land value and ask the seller tp\o carry the difference or that could be the downpayment amount? If you can’t get easy financing neither can other buyers, that should help with price negotiations like non-qualifying condos
Any local lenders who have dealt with the situation before? Any neighboring properties you can ask the owners of what they did?
Use equity in another property you already own?
Good luck, let us know what ends up working for you.
Thanks Bill, and Merry christmas! I should have been more clear, this is a property I already own, and trying to pull a little cash out of it. Land value is probably less than I need.. it's hard to even get an appraiser to go out because of the location.
Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
9mo
Merry Christmas.
Is a rental? DSCR?
Do you need more than 50-60%? (I would assume after all these years you have a good relationship with a banker/lender that would trust you up to a “safe” point?
Same idea about asking neighbors if they were able to get loans if any similar properties exist. Especially local lenders.
Sorry, that’s all I got. Again, Merry Christmas, good luck and LMK if something pans out.
Lender · Charleston, SC · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9mo
This property wont fit the securitization model, so whomever lends on it will have to hold the paper. Probably either a private lender who's comfortable with the property as collateral or maybe some kind of agricultural/farm-oriented credit union (not sure where this property is located).
This property wont fit the securitization model, so whomever lends on it will have to hold the paper. Probably either a private lender who's comfortable with the property as collateral or maybe some kind of agricultural/farm-oriented credit union (not sure where this property is located).
Thanks! It's located in the middle of the Sonoran desert (California). Coolest place on the planet! :-)
This property wont fit the securitization model, so whomever lends on it will have to hold the paper. Probably either a private lender who's comfortable with the property as collateral or maybe some kind of agricultural/farm-oriented credit union (not sure where this property is located).
ya this has private lender written all over it.. IMHO
This is a completely Off-Grid house/cabin on 5 acres......built with no permits. Has solar, propane, septic and I am a long-time licensed GC (if that matters?)
Everything is up to code, except the foundation, which is unique.
This is a completely Off-Grid house/cabin on 5 acres......built with no permits. Has solar, propane, septic and I am a long-time licensed GC (if that matters?)
Everything is up to code, except the foundation, which is unique.
Any thoughts or ideas appreciated..... :-)
Have you tried a local bank yet?
I could see a local community bank that holds there own paper doing this for a client that has a substantial deposit / or long term relationship with the bank.. Might look at it like a land loan 50% LTV to 70% max.. I am positive I could get my commercial bank to do something like this for me. Its why I only do business ( banking and borrowing ) from my Community bank it has its perks over big banks and other loan companies even though rates are usually a tad higher.
institutions that serve the community is where its at. Plus as I mentioned deposit relationships are huge for smaller banks.. put 1 mil in CD at a local community bank and you will get a loan in 30 seconds :)