How to get Mortgage/Loans for Land Purchase?

How to get Mortgage/Loans for Land Purchase?

Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello, I am looking to buy Residential Land, in A or B areas. I have a great credit score & earnings to show. Any advice on getting a mortgage for Land Purchase.?

0Reply
4 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 183 posts · 83 votes
    5y

    Many land investors will seller finance the land to a buyer....yes, you'll pay more than retail and pay a higher than average interest rate.  

  • Dan WeberBusiness Member
    Realtor · Portland, ME · Member since 2015 · 655 posts · 552 votes
    5y

    You can get traditional financing for a land purchase but it is usually with a higher downpayment of 30% or so. If you plan to build on the land after purchase, some lenders may use the equity that you have in the land and count it towards the downpayment for the total project price (land + construction costs). I was just talking to a lender about this yesterday. I'd call around and see what your local lenders will offer.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.