Part time inspector/ Loan officer? Whats your opinion?

Part time inspector/ Loan officer? Whats your opinion?

Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 4 votes

Hey, I'm a Firefighter in Texas. With our schedule its very common for us to have "side jobs". I'm an investor with some rental properties. This year I plan on getting my license for real estate inspection for additional income ( to buy more real estate) and for the additional education. I was hoping to see if we had other members who have experience doing something similar and maybe get some more perspective. I also more recently looked into loan origination. Seems less likely to be good on a part time basis but I would love some feed back. 

Thank!

1Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
4y

Hey Andrew, I’m also a fireman in chicago looking to develop a solid side hustle. I’m interested in either getting my real estate license or possibly Loan origination. How have things worked out for you?

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
    4y

    Hey Andrew, I’m also a fireman in chicago looking to develop a solid side hustle. I’m interested in either getting my real estate license or possibly Loan origination. How have things worked out for you?

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Joe Piunti - If you are serious about starting a real estate side hustle definitely reach out.  I'd suggest a real estate license over a loan officer but that just m.

    I also know a couple of other Chicago Fire Fighters in real estate that I can connect you with.

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Whatever you do for your side hustle, make sure it's an income source you can scale. Being a loan officer, home inspector, and realtor are all great choices in that sense.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.