Need opinions. Starting a business to reduce CAP. EX.

Need opinions. Starting a business to reduce CAP. EX.

Flipper/Rehabber · Horseheads, NY · Member since 2014 · 64 posts · 10 votes

Hello friends!

 While out "driving for dollars" my partner and I noticed alot of properties with black stains / streaks on the roof. After a bit of research we learned that the black streaking is caused by a bacteria that feeds on the limestone in the singles. Once this bacteria is established it creates an environment for more destructive pests to move in. These pests include moss, lichen, and fungus. These organisms can destroy a roof years before the 30 years they are suppose to last. COSTING YOU MONEY!

I am planning on launching a roof washing & exterior cleaning cleaning business in the spring! I will be using the latest technology, a soft wash system. Our system will operate at 200 psi so there will be little chance of causing damage and our results will last 3-4 times longer than a power wash. This is possible because we will be killing the pests, not just blasting at them with high pressure.  The results are truly amazing.

My questions to you all are:

Would you pay for a service like this?

What's your thoughts on roof cleaning?

Thoughts on pressure washing vs soft washing?

Thank you all. I'm looking forward to the responses.

Below is a link to a great youtube video demonstrating what I plan on offering.

https://youtu.be/GFWmlShL3rw

0Reply
18 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    The only issue is, you could overlay a roof easy enough and not leave residue behind.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.