Construction Per Square foot in San Mateo, CA

Construction Per Square foot in San Mateo, CA

Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 29 votes

Hi all, 

I'm curious to know how much construction costs per square foot in San Mateo (94403) for basic construction. 

Many thanks!

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 176 posts · 121 votes
10y

I know it is not construction, but just paid $164/SF on a remodel of a bathroom and vanity area in 94401. Needless to say I was shocked, but paid it. :(

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · San Mateo, CA · Member since 2013 · 585 posts · 264 votes
    10y

    @Khaled Seirafi I think it was about ~$250 the last time I spoke with my insurance agent for nothing fancy. Very possibly to get under that (and as you know very easy to get over that) but from an insurance stand point she was comfortable in that range.

    Really just depends on the GC you use.

  • Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 29 votes
    10y

    @Ryan Landis Thanks for the info! My family owns a couple of properties in San Mateo and we're currently renewing our fire and earthquake insurance policies. The one is a residential property, a triplex, and my insurance broker and I calculated we were paying insurance on the basis of $190 / sq. ft for reconstruction. We've been paying much less for our other property (a mixed use building), on the basis of $120 / sq. ft. It's possible my father determined these rates a long time ago and never updated. But it's definitely time to update. 

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 176 posts · 121 votes
    10y

    I know it is not construction, but just paid $164/SF on a remodel of a bathroom and vanity area in 94401. Needless to say I was shocked, but paid it. :(

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
    250/sf is about right. dirt to open house.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.