Looking for contractor/handyman in the Memphis, TN area.

Looking for contractor/handyman in the Memphis, TN area.

Realtor · Germantown, TN · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 8 votes

Hi, I am in the process of closing on my first rental property.  Once I close, I will need to take care of several odds-and-ends before I list the property.  Specifically, I will need someone who can relocate the washer/dryer hookups from the kitchen into a hall closet.  Does anyone have recommendations for someone in the Memphis area who could do this?  The other jobs are mostly just handyman type things.  I'm looking for someone who could do this job and hopefully be on-call for future jobs too.  Thanks in advance!

0Reply
25 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Alex CraigBusiness Member
    Real Estate Professional · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

     I tried for years to find a reasonable handyman that was reliable and consistent with this pricing and did not have drama in his life.  Finally ended up hiring my own and on my 3rd hire in 2 years.  I have always wanted to find a retired individual looking for things to do,  seems like that would be reasonable to find, but  I have never been able to.  You may want to go hang out in the Home Depot or Lowe's parking lot at seven in the morning and get numbers of people's truck. I would not pick out the crummiest looking truck but I would not pick out the best looking $40,000 + truck either. I stress the 7 AM because these are the people that are not too hung over to get up to work.

     If you really want to get adventurous, you can go to the Jackson Avenue AutoZone parking lot.  When I first started buying Rentals that's what I would do and I found some really good people that worked very hard.  This can be a very overwhelming experience  and the ability to speak Spanish is helpful. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 44 votes
    10y

    @Heather Horton I'll PM you the name and number of a guy I use.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.