Cleveland OH area contractor experience with rental owners

Cleveland OH area contractor experience with rental owners

Rental Property Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2016 · 593 posts · 382 votes

Hello community, 

I would like some recommendations for a contractor that has experience working with fix and rent real estate investors. I have been doing my research and have some company names and a guy that has done a house for me. However, I am having a hard time with getting him to return calls and emails. Any of you out there that have had great experiences with a contractor that does good, affordable work please post his/her details in this thread. I appreciate any help and any stories that you can tell me as to why you like that particular contractor. I am going to need some work done in about a week. I need to get this house done a rented quickly. Any contractors that live in this area are also free to post their details here so I can get in touch with them. Thank you in advance. 

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Moreland Hills, OH · Member since 2016 · 50 posts · 47 votes
9y

@Kristopher Hanks

I'm just curious; Do you only work with fix/rent deals or do you also structure some of your rehabbed homes as lease-to-own? Thank you!

As a side note a more experienced investor friend of mine's father is a contractor if I remember correctly. I'm not sure exactly what his territory is, but he might be worth a shot. Contact @Alex Janesz!!! Hope that helps.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 463 posts · 220 votes
    9y

    Is your rental on the east or west side of Cleveland? That's helpful/important information, as I have found that contractors from one side often won't travel to the other side (read: West side contractors refuse to travel to east side suburbs!).

  • Kristopher HanksPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2016 · 593 posts · 382 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed My homes are on the east side. Nothing in the suburbs. All of them are in Cleveland Corporate limits. I refuse to deal with POS. 

  • Moreland Hills, OH · Member since 2016 · 50 posts · 47 votes
    9y

    @Kristopher Hanks

    I'm just curious; Do you only work with fix/rent deals or do you also structure some of your rehabbed homes as lease-to-own? Thank you!

    As a side note a more experienced investor friend of mine's father is a contractor if I remember correctly. I'm not sure exactly what his territory is, but he might be worth a shot. Contact @Alex Janesz!!! Hope that helps.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 463 posts · 220 votes
    9y

    Kristopher-  I agree, POS are a nuisance. I don't blame you for staying away from them. 

  • Kristopher HanksPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Davenport, FL · Member since 2016 · 593 posts · 382 votes
    9y

    @Jayson Lesyk Thank you. At this point I am only doing fix and rent. I have considered doing to lease to own down the road. Right now I am still building my rental portfolio. 

  • Moreland Hills, OH · Member since 2016 · 50 posts · 47 votes
    9y

    Kristopher,

    Is the reason for rentals rather than LTO because your priority is longterm holding cashflow rather than creating the greatest short-term ROI? I would love to invest in Cleveland proper but can't seem to justify being profitable with a traditional rental model just because of projected cap-ex/maintenance/turn-over related costs. I would love to sit down and chat sometime about this and see the property if at all possible!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.