Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 12 votes
I'm trying to build contractor relationships in Nashville. I've needed people from electricians to roofers, foundation experts and mainly just a very good general handyman. To date, I've been using Home Advisor with mixed results. I usually find someone acceptable eventually but generally sort through many no shows in the process. I think, due to all of the work that there is in Nashville, calendars for contractors are full. I only need work a few times per year between my two properties and due to the workload, I think contractors are finding it difficult or not worth their time to take on smaller projects in the $100 - $500 range. Mainly, I'm looking to build my list of dependable folks I can call on the next time I need work done. If you are interested or have a referral, please provide contact information and your specialties and I will store it for future use. The projects I currently need done are - junk removal, painting cabinets, removing a large shrub, electrical work, insulating pipes, raking, and lawn mowing and edging when spring rolls around.
Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y
A general contractor for doing larger projects I'd recommend Torque Development. Get in touch with @Josh Braun
For smaller stuff I've had really good luck with a guy name Jason at House Doctor that has his own little niche for home repairs. He accepts small jobs and does them at a reasonable price. He fixed an AC unit for $50, toilet seat for $75, replaced a garbage disposal for $300. So he does those small types of jobs that most contracts wont even consider.Pretty good with communication also.
I can't leave a phone number on here so DM me and i'll give it to you
You are 100% right about contractors in Nashville right now. There is so much work that they are picking the jobs they want to do.
Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y
A general contractor for doing larger projects I'd recommend Torque Development. Get in touch with @Josh Braun
For smaller stuff I've had really good luck with a guy name Jason at House Doctor that has his own little niche for home repairs. He accepts small jobs and does them at a reasonable price. He fixed an AC unit for $50, toilet seat for $75, replaced a garbage disposal for $300. So he does those small types of jobs that most contracts wont even consider.Pretty good with communication also.
I can't leave a phone number on here so DM me and i'll give it to you
You are 100% right about contractors in Nashville right now. There is so much work that they are picking the jobs they want to do.
Lender · Knoxville, Tennessee (TN) · Member since 2016 · 422 posts · 667 votes
8y
@Luka Milicevic is spot on. Have you tried getting on the REIN facebook page? Tons of recommendations for trades get tossed around all the time there. Cheers!
Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 205 posts · 107 votes
8y
To mirror what Dan mentioned, definitely check the REIN Facebook group. Each and every day people are getting recommendations for things like this from some of the most experienced investors in Nashville and surrounding areas. Also, many contractors and handy men are active on the page as well.
Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 12 votes
8y
Luka, Daniel, and James. All very helpful replies! Thanks. I actually have met Josh and can't believe I forgot him and billy and Devin from rein offer good services. Thanks agin for really helpful input!
I'm trying to build contractor relationships in Nashville. I've needed people from electricians to roofers, foundation experts and mainly just a very good general handyman. To date, I've been using Home Advisor with mixed results. I usually find someone acceptable eventually but generally sort through many no shows in the process. I think, due to all of the work that there is in Nashville, calendars for contractors are full. I only need work a few times per year between my two properties and due to the workload, I think contractors are finding it difficult or not worth their time to take on smaller projects in the $100 - $500 range. Mainly, I'm looking to build my list of dependable folks I can call on the next time I need work done. If you are interested or have a referral, please provide contact information and your specialties and I will store it for future use. The projects I currently need done are - junk removal, painting cabinets, removing a large shrub, electrical work, insulating pipes, raking, and lawn mowing and edging when spring rolls around.
Hi Jeff, you might want to check out my company Latchel. We were built from the ground up to be a solution for these types of maintenance issues for everyone from property managers to landlords. We actually have a network in Nashville so it would be an easy fit. We find the vendor, schedule with them and get you photos of the work done along with the invoice. We keep it in budget limit if possible and will provide any estimates it the job starts going over for valid reasons! There is no extra cost on your end, the vendors pay us to accept the guaranteed jobs. So if you are running into the issue of just not having enough time to find those people willing to take those smaller jobs, we will be able to doall that legwork for you. You can DM me to learn more!
Developer · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 21 votes
8y
Hey Jeff, we ( TimoSIX, LLC ) are a General Contractor / Developer here in Nashville. We would love to speak with you regarding your projects! Please feel free to reach out if we can help you with anything. Thanks!
Templeton, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 2 votes
8y
Great question, could use this info too for future reference. Also @Matthew Bolton , I'll keep you in mind too if I end up doing a major project in Mid TN. Always good to network with folks :)
Developer · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 21 votes
8y
Thanks, @Amy G.! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have anything large projects that you need assistance with here in Nashville. Even if it's just insight, we're happy to help!
Nashville, TN · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 0 votes
8y
For larger remodel/rehab projects I recommend Derek Monti with TriCor. Super professional, dependable, and does great work at a decent price. We have used them on multiple deals and have always been impressed with the caliber of work they do.
DM for the phone number since it won't let me post here.