General Contractor Recommendations in the Pensacola, Florida area

General Contractor Recommendations in the Pensacola, Florida area

Rental Property Investor · Daytona Beach · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 2 votes

I am looking for any recommendations of reputable general contractors in the Pensacola, Florida area. Specifically for the purpose of initial home inspections for possible fix/flip or BRRRR properties. Thanks in advance.

0Reply
23 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2015 · 220 posts · 99 votes
    4y

    @Jule

    @Jule Serio It has been my experience that investors don't usually share their ace contractors so that they can stay available for them.   I would suggest joining the Pensacola Contractors Facebook group.  I have been getting a lot of contacts there, of course them showing up is another thing.  I'd also recommend sitting outside of Lowe's at 7 Am and calling all the trucks there.  I have also heard of people getting contractor contact information of of closed permits from a house that they know looks nice.

  • Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    Hello Jule, Welcome to the area. Mike covered it pretty well, the only other thing i might suggest is calling around and finding a good home inspector that will do a walk through with you to point out any items that might be crucial to a rehab for you.  

  • Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2015 · 103 posts · 97 votes
    4y

    @Jule Serio

    Great suggestions by Mike. I would also add, GCs are busy. Don't waste a GCs time, if you get one to meet you, make sure you've done your homework, walk the property beforehand, have an inspection done, know what you want done and have your scope work together, keep the walkthrough short and focused. Offer to pay them for their time and expertise (to get them to show up), maybe bring them a coffee! It's all about building the relationship.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.