How to purchase house someone is seller financing

How to purchase house someone is seller financing

Flipper/Rehabber · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 117 posts · 57 votes

Someone has reached out to me to purchase their house that they purchased with seller financing from the previous owner. It does not look like anything was recorded and the previous sellers name is still on the tax accessors website.

Would I just make the offer to the current owner and let the title company handle the rest?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

0Reply
8 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Van Isle · Member since 2021 · 455 posts · 226 votes
    4y

    I would only deal with the title holder and contract them to provide free and clear title.

  • Specialist · Frederick, MD · Member since 2017 · 474 posts · 454 votes
    4y
    Originally posted by @Dwayne Poster:

    I would only deal with the title holder and contract them to provide free and clear title.

    I agree. Maybe they seller financed using a land contract or contract for deed. Those are similar to auto loans where the buyer doesn’t receive title until the outstanding balance is paid in full  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.