Making offer on Bank Owned property - use my name or LLC ?

Making offer on Bank Owned property - use my name or LLC ?

Real Estate Agent · Palm Beach Gardens, FL · Member since 2017 · 199 posts · 124 votes

Hi Everyone,

I am writing an offer on a bank owned property. Of course there are multiple offers. My question is would a bank see my offer more favorably if the contract is in our personal names or in the name of our company? (We are licensed General Contractors) Or does it not matter? I know I can quit claim it to one of our companies after I secure it if need be. There are no OO requirements on this and no waiting period for OO versus investor situations. Cash sale of course.

I'm just trying to find out if banks tend to "favor" one over the other and I will write the contract accordingly.

Thanks.

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Longmont, CO · Member since 2021 · 577 posts · 631 votes
    4y

    In my experience the bank will not place a high priority on where the offer comes from. I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice, but I would not take title in the name of the business you own. You do not want to "mix" assets under that one business entity. You do not want the property and the business both legally exposed to each other. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Palm Beach Gardens, FL · Member since 2017 · 199 posts · 124 votes
    4y

    True.  Thanks.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.