How to research rental rate for property

How to research rental rate for property

Real Estate Investor · bay area, CA · Member since 2008 · 8 posts · 0 votes
Just downloaded BP app. It's been a long time since I visited site. I remember things like 2% rule. Where can I find property like that? How can I figure out what I can expect to collect in rent for any given property?
0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonna WeberPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    12y

    Welcome back! Short answer about rents is that a good place to start is Craigslist. Zillow has estimated rents, but I find them to be low in most instances in my area. I like to find out the average rent for the size of rental I have in the area - and make sure I am right in the middle of the range. I believe everything else you are looking for is on the site...related to best areas to invest to achieve 2%. I've taken a different strategy - and have gone for quality growth areas vs. strict cash flow. There is no "one way" to invest - which I love!

  • Rental Property Investor · Brookline, MA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 777 votes
    12y

    https://www.rentometer.com/

    I have no clue how accurate it is in that locations I'm not investing in. But it seems to be decently accurate in my areas.

  • Investor · Midwest · Member since 2013 · 253 posts · 34 votes
    12y

    I looked for "For Rent" signs in the are and called the number and asked all kinds of questions as a potential renter to see what rent is, what appliances are included etc.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.