Investing on real estate using crypto currencies

Investing on real estate using crypto currencies

Realtor · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 7 votes

Is there anyone who has done real estate investing using cryptocurrencies? Please share here if there is anyone here in Idaho who has done that or even if you are from another State. Thank you!

TW

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Trish Wilson:

    Is there anyone who has done real estate investing using cryptocurrencies? Please share here if there is anyone here in Idaho who has done that or even if you are from another State. Thank you!

    TW

    I say this a bit tongue in cheek. But here’s how I would invest in real estate using cryptocurrency:

    First, I’d convert my cryptocurrency to cash, by selling 100% of it.

    Then, I’d pay taxes on the gains, or more likely, claim a large loss.

    Last, I’d then use my cash to purchase real estate. 

    :)
  • Realtor · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    Thank you, Scott. What if the investor is from another country? Am I correct to presume that the funds will simply be wire transferred? How do we go about going through AMLA? How can we be sure that the money being used is not from money laundering? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.