Working with Realtors or Obtaining Real Estate License

Working with Realtors or Obtaining Real Estate License

Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hey everyone, would love to get some feedback/perspective. I’m curious, for those of you who invest in real estate and have your real estate license, do you have a realtor represent you when buying properties or do you represent yourself on your own deals? What would be the advantages of using a realtor rather than representing yourself or vice versa? Finding a real estate agent who understands and enjoys working with investors has proven to be more difficult than I thought. At this point, I’m wondering if it would be worth the time and $350 to get my license and represent myself on any deals I do? I want to learn as much as I can about real estate and honestly, getting my license sounds like a fun challenge. Would love to hear everyone’s perspective on this. 

Thanks  in advance,

Evin 

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 274 posts · 191 votes
    3y

    Hi @Evin Lynch! In my opinion it probably would not be worth getting your license unless you  would be looking to go into being an agent. Just like any part of the business, yes it can definitely be difficult to build a good team: contractors, property managers. However, I would say unless you are going to be taking the time to learn all of the laws, then all of the different tactics i.e. a subject specialist, then in my opinion it is not worth it. If you continue to look I would look on here under the Network tab. Or go to local meetups and try to find one that way. We usually go to those and are willing to connect! Either way, good luck!

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Thanks for your insight, Olivia!

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    I represent myself, and let other realtors represent me to give them an initiative to find me deals. Most realtors are shocked when I ask them to represent me. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.