Need feedback for Shearwater community in between St. Augustine & Jacksonville

Need feedback for Shearwater community in between St. Augustine & Jacksonville

Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 9 votes

Hello, 

I am looking at investing in Shearwater community by Lennar in Jacksonville. Currently it will not be positive cash flow. 

Need inputs from someone in that area:

1. How are rental increases every year in that area? 

2. Given this is newish area, how hard it would be to rent and its vacancy rate? 

3. Given market in the area, coupled with lot of growth, what is the potential for capital appreciation on this property say 5 years down the line. 

4. Can I attract high quality renters for this property? 

5. If this is not the place, then what other places in Jacksonville should I be looking for? 

My goals are 1. to make this property cash flow positive in few years, 2. to earn capital appreciation over the period of 7-10 years. 

Thanks, 

Sushil

0Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lakeland, FL · Member since 2018 · 242 posts · 148 votes
    3y

    Hello @Sushil Gupta, if this community is not giving a positive cash flow now or for a few years why not consider trying another area? What is forcing you to invest specifically there?

  • Real Estate Agent · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    I have some knowledge of the Jax Beach market and would be happy to connect to discuss your investment ideas.  PM if you'd like to connect

  • Member since 2023 · 14 posts · 9 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nick N.:

    I have some knowledge of the Jax Beach market and would be happy to connect to discuss your investment ideas.  PM if you'd like to connect

    Will do. Thanks. 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.