Coin laundromat owner willing to do seller financing !!!need help !!

Coin laundromat owner willing to do seller financing !!!need help !!

Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 6 votes

Hi I have a owner of a coin laundry shop willing to negotiate seller financing but I’m new and have no idea what I’m doing would be open to a partnership if someone is willing to help me with the process

0Reply
97 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Fullerton, CA · Member since 2016 · 140 posts · 103 votes
3y

I run Laundromat Resource. There's a free course on the website you can take. It's 3 lessons and the last two lessons will teach you how to value the laundromat by getting 4 numbers from the owner and how to verify the numbers of the laundromat. I think that will help you out. You can skip the first lesson (how to find a good deal).

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · DFW Metroplex · Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    Well we'd need a lot more details on the property before anyone can help. Let's start with:

    Price?

    Cap Rate? (NOI/Price)

    Location and address?

    I'm guessing it's Free and Clear? If not, is the loan assumable? Does he want to keep operating it? 

    This is just the tip of the iceberg, but I could try to help you sell it if you're interested. 

  • Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Josh Tardy:

    Well we'd need a lot more details on the property before anyone can help. Let's start with:

    Price?199,999

    Cap Rate? (NOI/Price) not sure

    Location and address?5397 Orange ave Long Beach 90805

    I'm guessing it's Free and Clear? If not, is the loan assumable? Does he want to keep operating it?   not sure 

    This is just the tip of the iceberg, but I could try to help you sell it if you're interested.

    Im interested im just super new to this process so I have no clue what to do or how to go about it


  • Real Estate Agent · DFW Metroplex · Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    Hmm well I'd need a lot more details about the place in general. Maybe we could all schedule a call to talk about it more. 

  • Investor · Hyattsville, MD · Member since 2012 · 822 posts · 441 votes
    3y
    looks like they are selling you the business but not the real estate. it looks to be a multi tenant strip mall type property. Did you ask what the rent is and sq footage? a big problem with coin laundry where you rent is you are at the mercy of the landlord and remaining lease terms. So you'll have owner finance terms+ lease payment terms from the landlord + utilities + attendant/staffing costs. That's alot of costs going on. If they have 2 years remaining on their 5 year least then you could buy a business, then have the landlord not renew the lease and you still are responsible for your note terms. All that to say that there are alot of risks where you can have a hard time keeping your business (hard to move laundry appliances and utilities) and its a maturing market so there are fewer buildings being built without laundry included anymore. Also rent can go up making it hard for you to profit no matter how well you run your business. So you need to lock in Low rent at or under $12/sq foot if you want to survive in the coin laundry world. What is the average age of the machines in the business? A set of new machines can easily run you 300-400k if these are all end of life. Then you have to add machine payments on top of above. Just letting you know there are lots of hidden risks involved.
  • Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    Rent is 3k not sure about the sq footage. I will definitely ask thank you for the advice!

  • Real Estate Agent · Fullerton, CA · Member since 2016 · 140 posts · 103 votes
    3y

    I run Laundromat Resource. There's a free course on the website you can take. It's 3 lessons and the last two lessons will teach you how to value the laundromat by getting 4 numbers from the owner and how to verify the numbers of the laundromat. I think that will help you out. You can skip the first lesson (how to find a good deal).

  • Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    Thank you I’ll definitely look at that !! 

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Anthony Vasquez:

    Hi I have a owner of a coin laundry shop willing to negotiate seller financing but I’m new and have no idea what I’m doing would be open to a partnership if someone is willing to help me with the process

    If this or any other deals available, where there’s a laundromat or car wash with seller Financing I’m very interested.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.