Deciding to invest in York PA ….

Most Popular Reply

Drew SygitBusiness Member
Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
2y

If someone says yes, with no data to support their claim, you're just going to believe them?

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · York, PA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    I would say yes, York PA is a good place to invest. I invest there! 

  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    @Marzia Hu

    how much experience do you have?

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Hi Nicholas,

    I’m fairly new to real estate looking to learn more and buy more . I have sold 2 properties and currently own a place in west New York nj Where I’m doing airbnb and it’s great . I am undecided on whether to buy another property in west New York and continue to do airbnb or buy one in PA just for rent cash flow . I have a friend who bought 3 properties in York, with 20% down and it cash flows and it increase in value since he bought before the pandemic. 
    I don’t expect the increase to jump like pandemic times but I’m looking for solid rentals . Interested to know more about York PA I’m looking to do a trip there to check out the neighborhoods not knowing where to start looking ? 

  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    @Marzia Hu

    OK. what I am finding right now is that it's tough to cash flow just about anywhere on a vanilla LTR.  if he bought pre-pandemic then yes they will cash flow.

    if I were you I'd look at Allentown - closer to NY, higher median income and only a slightly higher price point.

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Thank you Nicholas , I will do some research on Allentown any zip codes that you think I should look at ??

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kidada Glasco:

    I would say yes, York PA is a good place to invest. I invest there! 

    Really any zip codes I can do research on ? 
  • Investor · PA · Member since 2024 · 24 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    @Marzia Hu I'm in York Pa 

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    2y

    If someone says yes, with no data to support their claim, you're just going to believe them?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.