Starting out, finding a strategy and market

Starting out, finding a strategy and market

New to Real Estate · Miami, FL · Member since 2023 · 18 posts · 7 votes

Hi everyone,

As a newcomer in the world of real estate investment, I'm eager to take my first steps into this dynamic field. While I reside in Miami, FL, finding favorable deals locally has been challenging, prompting me to explore opportunities beyond the state borders.

I'm keen on venturing into flips initially, eyeing potential markets like Indianapolis, Columbus, Illinois, and Cleveland for better prospects. As I continue my work in Miami, I am seeking insights from experienced investors adept at out-of-state flips and eager to learn practical different type of strategies to begin.

My idea right now is to kickstart my learning curve by delving into flips, understanding construction methodologies, labor costs, and material expenses, essential elements for future lucrative projects, including multi-family properties. I firmly believe that commencing with a flip property will equip me with invaluable transactional knowledge and negotiation skills, laying a robust foundation for future endeavors.

I'm intrigued to know how Florida investors navigated their initial investment property strategies and would greatly appreciate any guidance or advice offered as I embark on this exciting journey. My goal is have my first few deals started first semester of 2024.

Thank you for your time and invaluable insights.

Warm regards, 

Vinicius Cadengue.

3Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
2y

The biggest difficulty owning property in Florida right now is the insurance. Several major insurers have pulled out of Florida and premiums have absolutely skyrocketed. Looking in other areas is wise, I'd recommend focusing as much as you can in just one area to get to know it as much as possible.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    The biggest difficulty owning property in Florida right now is the insurance. Several major insurers have pulled out of Florida and premiums have absolutely skyrocketed. Looking in other areas is wise, I'd recommend focusing as much as you can in just one area to get to know it as much as possible.

  • New to Real Estate · Miami, FL · Member since 2023 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Taylor L.:

    The biggest difficulty owning property in Florida right now is the insurance. Several major insurers have pulled out of Florida and premiums have absolutely skyrocketed. Looking in other areas is wise, I'd recommend focusing as much as you can in just one area to get to know it as much as possible.


    Thank you very much Taylor for the information and tip. 
    Maybe we could be able to set up an appointment and discuss it over a little? Would be awesome to hear a little more from you. 

  • Samuel DioufBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus & Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hey Vinicius, I live and invest in Columbus, moved here from Florida about a year ago. 

    I would be happy to connect. 

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Im in Central IN....would love to connect

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Vinicius Cadengue:

    Hi everyone,

    As a newcomer in the world of real estate investment, I'm eager to take my first steps into this dynamic field. While I reside in Miami, FL, finding favorable deals locally has been challenging, prompting me to explore opportunities beyond the state borders.

    I'm keen on venturing into flips initially, eyeing potential markets like Indianapolis, Columbus, Illinois, and Cleveland for better prospects. As I continue my work in Miami, I am seeking insights from experienced investors adept at out-of-state flips and eager to learn practical different type of strategies to begin.

    My idea right now is to kickstart my learning curve by delving into flips, understanding construction methodologies, labor costs, and material expenses, essential elements for future lucrative projects, including multi-family properties. I firmly believe that commencing with a flip property will equip me with invaluable transactional knowledge and negotiation skills, laying a robust foundation for future endeavors.

    I'm intrigued to know how Florida investors navigated their initial investment property strategies and would greatly appreciate any guidance or advice offered as I embark on this exciting journey. My goal is have my first few deals started first semester of 2024.

    Thank you for your time and invaluable insights.

    Warm regards, 

    Vinicius Cadengue.

    Hey Vinicius, totally can relate with you being from an expensive real estate market - I moved to Columbus a few years ago (from Portland, Oregon which was super expensive) to become a full time real estate investor, and ever since, I've completed quite a lot of BRRRRs, flips, and own a successful rental portfolio here in Columbus Ohio. There's so many catalysts for population and job growth (Intel, Honda, Amazon, Nationwide Hospital, etc). I can definitely tell you there's still a lot of positive cash flowing and 1% rule deals and you get amazing appreciation. As an investor and agent here in Columbus Ohio, if you have any questions or want to connect, definitely reach out!
  • New to Real Estate · Miami, FL · Member since 2023 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jimmy Lieu:
    Quote from @Vinicius Cadengue:

    Hi everyone,

    As a newcomer in the world of real estate investment, I'm eager to take my first steps into this dynamic field. While I reside in Miami, FL, finding favorable deals locally has been challenging, prompting me to explore opportunities beyond the state borders.

    I'm keen on venturing into flips initially, eyeing potential markets like Indianapolis, Columbus, Illinois, and Cleveland for better prospects. As I continue my work in Miami, I am seeking insights from experienced investors adept at out-of-state flips and eager to learn practical different type of strategies to begin.

    My idea right now is to kickstart my learning curve by delving into flips, understanding construction methodologies, labor costs, and material expenses, essential elements for future lucrative projects, including multi-family properties. I firmly believe that commencing with a flip property will equip me with invaluable transactional knowledge and negotiation skills, laying a robust foundation for future endeavors.

    I'm intrigued to know how Florida investors navigated their initial investment property strategies and would greatly appreciate any guidance or advice offered as I embark on this exciting journey. My goal is have my first few deals started first semester of 2024.

    Thank you for your time and invaluable insights.

    Warm regards, 

    Vinicius Cadengue.

    Hey Vinicius, totally can relate with you being from an expensive real estate market - I moved to Columbus a few years ago (from Portland, Oregon which was super expensive) to become a full time real estate investor, and ever since, I've completed quite a lot of BRRRRs, flips, and own a successful rental portfolio here in Columbus Ohio. There's so many catalysts for population and job growth (Intel, Honda, Amazon, Nationwide Hospital, etc). I can definitely tell you there's still a lot of positive cash flowing and 1% rule deals and you get amazing appreciation. As an investor and agent here in Columbus Ohio, if you have any questions or want to connect, definitely reach out!

     Hi Jimmy, 

    Thank you for reaching out and sharing your impressive journey in Columbus, Ohio's real estate market. It's fantastic to hear about your successful ventures in property investment, especially amidst such promising economic catalysts driving population and job growth in the area.

    Your experience with BRRRRs, flips, and building a thriving rental portfolio reflects a keen understanding of the market dynamics. 

    I appreciate your offer to connect and exchange insights. As I navigate the real estate, I may indeed have questions or seek to explore collaborative opportunities. Your expertise and familiarity with the OH market could offer valuable perspectives.

    Thank you once again for reaching out, and I'll certainly keep your contact information handy for future discussions or inquiries.

    Best regards, Vinicius

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.