Help in flipping my very first house in Dallas

Help in flipping my very first house in Dallas

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hello Everyone,

I’m thinking seriously about flipping a house.

I’ve watched many videos for people claim they can help you flip houses for a huge fee.

Instead of waisting my money with those scammers, Can you guide me about any resources I can use during the process/checklist I have below:

1)Finding the right house to flip

2))calculating the rehab cost

3) estimating the ARV

4) Finding good contractors and getting quotes from them to do the job 

5) finding lenders and getting offers from them

6) finding a good realtor to help in buying/closing the house

7)selling the house after being refurbished 

Thanks for your input in advance


1Reply
48 views

Most Popular Reply

Technology · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 455 posts · 289 votes
2y
Quote from @Nassar Tawil:

Hello Everyone,

I’m thinking seriously about flipping a house.

I’ve watched many videos for people claim they can help you flip houses for a huge fee.

Instead of waisting my money with those scammers, Can you guide me about any resources I can use during the process/checklist I have below:

1)Finding the right house to flip

2))calculating the rehab cost

3) estimating the ARV

4) Finding good contractors and getting quotes from them to do the job 

5) finding lenders and getting offers from them

6) finding a good realtor to help in buying/closing the house

7)selling the house after being refurbished 

Thanks for your input in advance


1. I hear Facebook is popular for this. There are also "off-market" listings here.

2. There's a calculator for that here that uses Kukun.

3. Look here for estimating ARV.

4. Finding good contractors is really hard. I know some folks though that are fantastic. PM me if you want any personal recommendations.

5. Use the lender finder.

6. and 7. Use the agent finder.

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    @Nassar Tawil

    well, that's just about everything, isn't it?  have you read J. Scott's book?  maybe start there

    in parallel, go look at 100 deals - maybe a mix of on and off market

    good luck

  • Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
    2y

    @Nassar Tawil

    #1 in my opinion, is sorting out your finances - cash, heloc, hard money ? On your own or with partners?

    The rest, once fully committed, will fall into place.

  • Technology · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 455 posts · 289 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nassar Tawil:

    Hello Everyone,

    I’m thinking seriously about flipping a house.

    I’ve watched many videos for people claim they can help you flip houses for a huge fee.

    Instead of waisting my money with those scammers, Can you guide me about any resources I can use during the process/checklist I have below:

    1)Finding the right house to flip

    2))calculating the rehab cost

    3) estimating the ARV

    4) Finding good contractors and getting quotes from them to do the job 

    5) finding lenders and getting offers from them

    6) finding a good realtor to help in buying/closing the house

    7)selling the house after being refurbished 

    Thanks for your input in advance


    1. I hear Facebook is popular for this. There are also "off-market" listings here.

    2. There's a calculator for that here that uses Kukun.

    3. Look here for estimating ARV.

    4. Finding good contractors is really hard. I know some folks though that are fantastic. PM me if you want any personal recommendations.

    5. Use the lender finder.

    6. and 7. Use the agent finder.

    BiggerPockets
  • Realtor · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2020 · 12 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    Hey Nassar,

    I keep a list of MLS investor quality properties in the DFW area. I update it twice a week and have single or multi family lists. Check it out here:

    Single

    tonyswaim.realtor/singlefamilylist

    Multi

    tonyswaim.realtor/multifamilylist

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Tony Swaim:

    Hey Nassar,

    I keep a list of MLS investor quality properties in the DFW area. I update it twice a week and have single or multi family lists. Check it out here:

    Single

    tonyswaim.realtor/singlefamilylist

    Multi

    tonyswaim.realtor/multifamilylist


     Hey Tony, was scrolling through forum posts and ran into this one. Thanks for publicly sharing! I assume you are the guy if we want to dig deeper into any of these? Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.