Troy, NY neigborhood recs for multi-family fixer upper?

Troy, NY neigborhood recs for multi-family fixer upper?

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hi all! I'm looking into buying a second investment property as a LTR and am interested in Troy, New York, or the surrounding capital region. We are hoping to find a multi-family that we can improve and/or expand. We live in Brooklyn and have an STR about an hour north of Troy. I'm heading to Troy this weekend to explore since it's been a few years since I've been there, I'd love to hear what neighborhoods I should check out and why. Any local lender or broker recs would also be appreciated. Thanks!

1Reply
24 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 40 posts · 16 votes
    2y

    Also interested in investing there. Please feel free to let me know if anything you learn

    Ben

  • Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 447 posts · 441 votes
    2y

    Hey Myryah, is the short-term rental in a rural or suburban or rural area? More DSCR lenders do suburban STRs, but some can do rural as well, the best lender for you would really depend on the property details and your long term investing strategy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.