How to find the actual selling price?

How to find the actual selling price?

Member since 2019 · 88 posts · 25 votes

Hello,

I have been looking for single-family/multi-family for investment for past few months but having no luck. 

I placed offers on few properties and was outbid on all of them. I am interested in seeing and understanding the trend and thought i could see the price for which a property sold but to my surprise none of the marketplace sites like zillow, redfin, realtor etc are showing the sold price. I tried looking up on the City web site but could not find either. These properties were sold a couple of months ago so the possibility of them still being in pending state is remote.

Any pointers?

Thank you!

0Reply
30 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    Ask an agent

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    2y

    “Usually” those site would. You forgot to put your location or the property’s location in your post or your profile. If you are not in a non-disclosure state (I don’t know if Texas is the only one?) you can usually check the county assessor’s website to find that info. Or as mentioned ask your realtor, I believe they could find it in seconds. Good luck. 

    Ps. 

  • Crystal SmithPro Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Vasudev Kirs:

    Hello,

    I have been looking for single-family/multi-family for investment for past few months but having no luck. 

    I placed offers on few properties and was outbid on all of them. I am interested in seeing and understanding the trend and thought i could see the price for which a property sold but to my surprise none of the marketplace sites like zillow, redfin, realtor etc are showing the sold price. I tried looking up on the City web site but could not find either. These properties were sold a couple of months ago so the possibility of them still being in pending state is remote.

    Any pointers?

    Thank you!



    I'm not sure what market you're in but in the markets we have worked and purchased in it's the tax assessor site that includes the sold data.  In addition, the tax assessor site is usually managed at a county level, not the city. Realtors should also have access to the latest sold data.
  • Investor · Hopedale, MA · Member since 2021 · 321 posts · 212 votes
    2y

    some states do not allow zillow or any of the other sites to show what homes sell for, it's super annoying when you're trying to comp properties but don't have mls access in that state. if you've made 20+ offers on similar properties in the same area and it's not working, you have to do something different. do you have to go to a different market? use a different lender? adjust your cashflow expectations? find cheaper deals offmarket?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.