Best education resource for buying apartment building

Best education resource for buying apartment building

Investor, engineer · Longmont, CO · Member since 2013 · 55 posts · 36 votes

Hey folks. I am interested in buying an apartment building. I have bought a couple of single family houses in the past as rentals, but I would like to learn more about buying either an apartment complex or possibly buying multiple single family units. Where is the best resource (preferably free) for learning about this? I can invest up to about $400K as a down payment. I would like to buy an asset that produces significant cash flow. I would prefer to buy something local to the Longmont CO area, but there are limited options, so I am open to out of state investing, but concerned about managing it. Thanks!

0Reply
31 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Canton, OH · Member since 2024 · 37 posts · 28 votes
    2y

    Find an investor friendly buyer's agent.  One who knows how to analyze a deal. Boots on the ground type.  Doesn't try to talk you into everything you're considering.

  • Eric DeNardoPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Denver · Member since 2020 · 364 posts · 151 votes
    2y

    @Clayton Sneider, check out the book Crushing It in Apartments and Commercial Real Estate. Its not a free resource, but a good one to get started. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.