Rental Property Investor · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 4 votes
Hey everyone! I’ve been consuming more podcasts as fast as I can about owning more then the predetermined amount from a fanny may or Freddy mac style loan. But for some reason I’m still not fully clear on how to personally own or have more the 8-10 mortgages for rentals. It sounds like unconventional lending and partners seems to be my best bet but I would love some more input from the community! Feel free to message me because I’m here to learn and grow
Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
2y
@Dylan Cook There are numerous lending products available to investors.
Conventional loans are the best but like you said limited. If you're married you can have 10 and your wife could have 10. That's 20 doors. Does that happen very often? Probably not. Investors take advantage of commercial, DSCR, and private money because it's underwritten using the properties performance (not you personally). The sky is the limit for these products, but they all have pros and cons (higher rate, lower terms, balloon payments, etc.). Banks even have portfolio loans (in house) that hold numerous properties under one loan.
If you jumped into REI and started swimming the only thing stopping you is probably DEAL flow, contractor support, and the economic conditions of your market.