Hi Everyone,
I'd like stronger and a larger amount of leads, so I have been searching and came across BoltDeals. It seems like a great platform (they call the sellers and vet the leads for you, then transfer the call so that you can try to work on acquiring the property). It is really expensive though, but I'd like to try it, because it is really tough finding good deals right now, especially in Memphis, which is where I invest.
Any feedback would be great! Thank you, BP!
- Phil
Agreed that dealflow is hard to find. Wholesalers asking too much. MLS is sparse.
Open to any innovative solutions, let us know how it goes
I am considering Bold Deals. Any feedback would be great.
I am considering Bold Deals. Any feedback would be great.
Don't believe this unicorn exists. I paid Bolt Deals $30k over 6 months and got a $7800 return. The leads were junk: a good portion of 400+ leads were unmotivated, on MLS, under contract with other wholesalers, etc. Some of that is to be expected but the real problem was speed to lead and follow up. In numerous cases, I'd get a new lead and Boltdeals.io would take 5+ hrs to contact them. We all know that time kills all deals. On top of Bolts lack of urgency, they almost never adhered to their drip campaign. Those two factors contributed to a lack of quality appointments set and the negative return I got. Bolts answer: I should have performed better. Do your research, there are more experiences like mine out there.
I am considering Bold Deals. Any feedback would be great.
Agreed that dealflow is hard to find. Wholesalers asking too much. MLS is sparse.
Open to any innovative solutions, let us know how it goes
Sure thing!
I actually ended up signing up for Bolt's services, which is pretty exciting!
I'll keep everyone posted - as of right now (2 weeks after signing up), I have only received one lead, which I foolishly have not followed up on yet, but I plan to today. My ads are being optimized daily, so I anticipate more leads next week and going forward.
Hey Phil,
How has your experience with Bolt Deals been now that you are 2 months in?
Hey Phil,
How has your experience with Bolt Deals been now that you are 2 months in?
Don't believe this unicorn exists. I paid Bolt Deals $30k over 6 months and got a $7800 return. The leads were junk: a good portion of 400+ leads were unmotivated, on MLS, under contract with other wholesalers, etc. Some of that is to be expected but the real problem was speed to lead and follow up. In numerous cases, I'd get a new lead and Boltdeals.io would take 5+ hrs to contact them. We all know that time kills all deals. On top of Bolts lack of urgency, they almost never adhered to their drip campaign. Those two factors contributed to a lack of quality appointments set and the negative return I got. Bolts answer: I should have performed better. Do your research, there are more experiences like mine out there.
Hey Phil,
How has your experience with Bolt Deals been now that you are 2 months in?
Hi David! The cost is quite high for the leads, and most of them are for seller financing deals or to wholesale those leads. I'm not a wholesaler (I prefer to BRRRR my properties), so it's not exactly a great fit for me, honestly. Also, the leads come from up to 10 different states, and my only area of expertise is Atlanta and Memphis, so I found it difficult to convert many of the leads.
Take this with a grain of salt though, as the service may work for you even though it hasn't worked all that well for me! I do like many things about Bolt - they have great customer service, you can schedule calls with a business planner/teacher, etc.
Hopefully this was helpful! :)
Hey Phil,
How has your experience with Bolt Deals been now that you are 2 months in?
Hi David! The cost is quite high for the leads, and most of them are for seller financing deals or to wholesale those leads. I'm not a wholesaler (I prefer to BRRRR my properties), so it's not exactly a great fit for me, honestly. Also, the leads come from up to 10 different states, and my only area of expertise is Atlanta and Memphis, so I found it difficult to convert many of the leads.
Take this with a grain of salt though, as the service may work for you even though it hasn't worked all that well for me! I do like many things about Bolt - they have great customer service, you can schedule calls with a business planner/teacher, etc.
Hopefully this was helpful! :)
Thanks for sharing.
I did inquire about it. they ended the sales call promptly after I said I wouldn't spend 5k / month on advertising.
Hey Phil,
How has your experience with Bolt Deals been now that you are 2 months in?
Hi David! The cost is quite high for the leads, and most of them are for seller financing deals or to wholesale those leads. I'm not a wholesaler (I prefer to BRRRR my properties), so it's not exactly a great fit for me, honestly. Also, the leads come from up to 10 different states, and my only area of expertise is Atlanta and Memphis, so I found it difficult to convert many of the leads.
Take this with a grain of salt though, as the service may work for you even though it hasn't worked all that well for me! I do like many things about Bolt - they have great customer service, you can schedule calls with a business planner/teacher, etc.
Hopefully this was helpful! :)
Thanks for sharing.
I did inquire about it. they ended the sales call promptly after I said I wouldn't spend 5k / month on advertising.
I definitely feel that for sure, I can say that once I quit looking at marketing expenses as a "cost" and instead looked at it as what it will make in return.... game changer.
Hey Phil,
How has your experience with Bolt Deals been now that you are 2 months in?
Hi David! The cost is quite high for the leads, and most of them are for seller financing deals or to wholesale those leads. I'm not a wholesaler (I prefer to BRRRR my properties), so it's not exactly a great fit for me, honestly. Also, the leads come from up to 10 different states, and my only area of expertise is Atlanta and Memphis, so I found it difficult to convert many of the leads.
Take this with a grain of salt though, as the service may work for you even though it hasn't worked all that well for me! I do like many things about Bolt - they have great customer service, you can schedule calls with a business planner/teacher, etc.
Hopefully this was helpful! :)
Thanks for sharing.
I did inquire about it. they ended the sales call promptly after I said I wouldn't spend 5k / month on advertising.
Haha! I'm surprised that they ended the call, but yes, that cost looks about right.
Hi Phil
I am strongly considering Bolt Deals or any other alternatives for lead gen. We own and operate in Columbus OH market and DFW, do you recommended them? The sales rep was saying they guarantee three deals in 90 days or they work for free and not sure if they stand by their word.
Thanks
Hi Laksh!
I'm focused solely on the Memphis market, so Bolt wasn't great for me in that market, but I did sign up for leads in Ohio, since they make you pick up to 10 states to market to. I would get quite a lot of leads in Ohio, so it could be useful for you.
Is your strategy to wholesale? If so, then Bolt can bring good leads for wholesaling and flipping.
I am a member of Rhino Tribe as well as Titanium University. I recently (11/24 - 5/25) spent $30k with Bolt Deals. $15k in mgmt and $15k with their ad buyer. They provide you with written procedures on their speed to lead, follow up, and drip campaign. After poor ROI results, I began spot-checking their Speed to Lead and Follow up and quickly found out that they were not doing what I contracted them to do. When I confronted them, their CEO Benjamin Hoang reached out to tell me they fired my "success coach" that I was working with due to my situation among others. When I asked for compensation, Benji wanted to deflect the breach of contract and talk about the appointments they did set as if that made what they weren't doing somehow ok. $30k lesson learned. Talk to me before you invest with Bolt Deals.
I am a member of Rhino Tribe as well as Titanium University. I recently (11/24 - 5/25) spent $30k with Bolt Deals. $15k in mgmt and $15k with their ad buyer. They provide you with written procedures on their speed to lead, follow up, and drip campaign. After poor ROI results, I began spot-checking their Speed to Lead and Follow up and quickly found out that they were not doing what I contracted them to do. When I confronted them, their CEO Benjamin Hoang reached out to tell me they fired my "success coach" that I was working with due to my situation among others. When I asked for compensation, Benji wanted to deflect the breach of contract and talk about the appointments they did set as if that made what they weren't doing somehow ok. $30k lesson learned. Talk to me before you invest with Bolt Deals.
Whoa!! That really stinks, Steve, I'm so sorry to hear that!! Ugh! :-/
I think that for wholesalers, Bolt makes sense, but they don't provide location-specific leads enough IMHO. If they can provide leads within an investor's zip code(s), or if they were able to bring in hot leads, then I think the service would make sense for a wider variety of investors. It seems though that they are unable to do this, and I haven't used the service since last year, so I'm not sure if they made any updates or not.
Who was your Success Coach? I had JT Taylor, and he was great.
Don't believe this unicorn exists. I paid Bolt Deals $30k over 6 months and got a $7800 return. The leads were junk: a good portion of 400+ leads were unmotivated, on MLS, under contract with other wholesalers, etc. Some of that is to be expected but the real problem was speed to lead and follow up. In numerous cases, I'd get a new lead and Boltdeals.io would take 5+ hrs to contact them. We all know that time kills all deals. On top of Bolts lack of urgency, they almost never adhered to their drip campaign. Those two factors contributed to a lack of quality appointments set and the negative return I got. Bolts answer: I should have performed better. Do your research, there are more experiences like mine out there.
Don't believe this unicorn exists. I paid Bolt Deals $30k over 6 months and got a $7800 return. The leads were junk: a good portion of 400+ leads were unmotivated, on MLS, under contract with other wholesalers, etc. Some of that is to be expected but the real problem was speed to lead and follow up. In numerous cases, I'd get a new lead and Boltdeals.io would take 5+ hrs to contact them. We all know that time kills all deals. On top of Bolts lack of urgency, they almost never adhered to their drip campaign. Those two factors contributed to a lack of quality appointments set and the negative return I got. Bolts answer: I should have performed better. Do your research, there are more experiences like mine out there.
Hey, I looked into BoltDeals too and had the same thought. It sounds like a solid setup, but the cost was a bit steep for me, especially since I’m also investing in a tighter market (not Memphis, but similar challenges with deal flow).
What’s been working well for me lately is using a service called AIRealtyLeads. It doesn’t do the live call transfers like Bolt, but it does give you access to targeted off-market leads — like pre-foreclosures, absentees, probates, vacants, etc. What really sold me was that the contact info (owners, relatives, and sometimes even associates) is already verified, so there’s no extra skip tracing needed.
They also have a search and mapping tool so you can filter by zip code or city, then export straight into your CRM. I use it to build my own lead lists and then either text, call, or send mailers depending on the property type.
It’s definitely more of a DIY approach, but the quality has been solid and it's way more cost-effective than the pay-per-lead model. Might be worth checking out if you’re trying to keep costs down while staying consistent with lead flow.
Always curious how others are sourcing deals in this market.
Hey, I looked into BoltDeals too and had the same thought. It sounds like a solid setup, but the cost was a bit steep for me, especially since I’m also investing in a tighter market (not Memphis, but similar challenges with deal flow).
What’s been working well for me lately is using a service called AIRealtyLeads. It doesn’t do the live call transfers like Bolt, but it does give you access to targeted off-market leads — like pre-foreclosures, absentees, probates, vacants, etc. What really sold me was that the contact info (owners, relatives, and sometimes even associates) is already verified, so there’s no extra skip tracing needed.
They also have a search and mapping tool so you can filter by zip code or city, then export straight into your CRM. I use it to build my own lead lists and then either text, call, or send mailers depending on the property type.
It’s definitely more of a DIY approach, but the quality has been solid and it's way more cost-effective than the pay-per-lead model. Might be worth checking out if you’re trying to keep costs down while staying consistent with lead flow.
Always curious how others are sourcing deals in this market.
Hey, I looked into BoltDeals too and had the same thought. It sounds like a solid setup, but the cost was a bit steep for me, especially since I’m also investing in a tighter market (not Memphis, but similar challenges with deal flow).
What’s been working well for me lately is using a service called AIRealtyLeads. It doesn’t do the live call transfers like Bolt, but it does give you access to targeted off-market leads — like pre-foreclosures, absentees, probates, vacants, etc. What really sold me was that the contact info (owners, relatives, and sometimes even associates) is already verified, so there’s no extra skip tracing needed.
They also have a search and mapping tool so you can filter by zip code or city, then export straight into your CRM. I use it to build my own lead lists and then either text, call, or send mailers depending on the property type.
It’s definitely more of a DIY approach, but the quality has been solid and it's way more cost-effective than the pay-per-lead model. Might be worth checking out if you’re trying to keep costs down while staying consistent with lead flow.
Always curious how others are sourcing deals in this market.
Sounds great. Let me know if you have any other questions.
I've worked with many rehabbers, and investors. I offer a partnership service where I partner with the rehabber/landlord/investor in order to gain access to direct deals. I take a small assignment fee and it works great most of the time. Here is what I've learned though:
You gotta have the budget in order to compete against other wholesalers. So thinking of doing online leads, prepare to spend 3-4k a month.
Mailers will cost about 2-3k as well for either postcards or regular mail.
Facebook ads will be much less so about 1-2k as well.
If you have the funds to do so, I always suggest doing a solo trial run for any of the above, and then mix in SMS (super regulated right now) and cold calling (hit/miss).
Once you have that setup, invest in a highly trained ISA (inside sales person) to take the inbound flow of leads and then you'll have a nice operation for your business.
I have taken all the above and just partner with folks doing small to medium size volume. Investor pays me a small assignmnet fee, and I handle all the marketing and acquisitions. I also go after MLS and have setup nice autoamtions for making offers on listed properties VERY fast.
I think it all boils down to time/effort.
I've worked with many rehabbers, and investors. I offer a partnership service where I partner with the rehabber/landlord/investor in order to gain access to direct deals. I take a small assignment fee and it works great most of the time. Here is what I've learned though:
You gotta have the budget in order to compete against other wholesalers. So thinking of doing online leads, prepare to spend 3-4k a month.
Mailers will cost about 2-3k as well for either postcards or regular mail.
Facebook ads will be much less so about 1-2k as well.
If you have the funds to do so, I always suggest doing a solo trial run for any of the above, and then mix in SMS (super regulated right now) and cold calling (hit/miss).
Once you have that setup, invest in a highly trained ISA (inside sales person) to take the inbound flow of leads and then you'll have a nice operation for your business.
I have taken all the above and just partner with folks doing small to medium size volume. Investor pays me a small assignmnet fee, and I handle all the marketing and acquisitions. I also go after MLS and have setup nice autoamtions for making offers on listed properties VERY fast.
I think it all boils down to time/effort.
Great post, Edgar! Sounds like you have a well oiled machine that you are running, well done!! :)
Do you set up wholesale deals in FL only or do you acquire deals in other states too? My area is Memphis, so please let me know if you have any deals there :)
I've worked with many rehabbers, and investors. I offer a partnership service where I partner with the rehabber/landlord/investor in order to gain access to direct deals. I take a small assignment fee and it works great most of the time. Here is what I've learned though:
You gotta have the budget in order to compete against other wholesalers. So thinking of doing online leads, prepare to spend 3-4k a month.
Mailers will cost about 2-3k as well for either postcards or regular mail.
Facebook ads will be much less so about 1-2k as well.
If you have the funds to do so, I always suggest doing a solo trial run for any of the above, and then mix in SMS (super regulated right now) and cold calling (hit/miss).
Once you have that setup, invest in a highly trained ISA (inside sales person) to take the inbound flow of leads and then you'll have a nice operation for your business.
I have taken all the above and just partner with folks doing small to medium size volume. Investor pays me a small assignmnet fee, and I handle all the marketing and acquisitions. I also go after MLS and have setup nice autoamtions for making offers on listed properties VERY fast.
I think it all boils down to time/effort.
Great post, Edgar! Sounds like you have a well oiled machine that you are running, well done!! :)
Do you set up wholesale deals in FL only or do you acquire deals in other states too? My area is Memphis, so please let me know if you have any deals there :)
It looks like Bolt Deals is an agency where they essentially find the leads and then sell the leads to investors. I would recommend to use ISpeed to lead, which is essentially a way to get Google ads (PPC) and Facebook leads from people looking to sell their house quick. These leads we have found them to good in capturing those people that are motivated to sell. We currently have a 3x on our Ad spend in this marketing channel and have been using them for a year. Happy to share a discount code with you if you would like to try it out.