Has anyone purchased real estate in Buenos Aires?

Has anyone purchased real estate in Buenos Aires?

Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2011 · 117 posts · 28 votes

With the current currency crisis in Argentina I wonder if anyone had purchased real estate there before or knows any contacts there?

0Reply
5 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Henderson, NV · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Hi Leon, I know you posted this over a year ago but I'm curious to know if you found any good opportunity in Argentina. 

    I got everything I had out of the country just at the right time and now I'm only waiting for the next big crisis coming next year when the newly elected president takes office and starts implementing the measures necessary to rebuild the Argentinian economy; the first one will have to be devaluation. 

  • Professional · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 397 posts · 34 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Leon Y.:

    With the current currency crisis in Argentina I wonder if anyone had purchased real estate there before or knows any contacts there?

    Were you planning to buy in Argentina? It seems like this issue was drastically serious. Some of the sellers of real estate there were apparently demanding to be paid in an alternate currently other than the argentinian peso. Seems somewhat turbulent.

  • Investor · Laguna Beach, CA · Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    Well the devaluation has happened. I would think that the worst has passed now that a new government is in and intent on returning to a more investor friendly regime. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.