Househacking near Frederick, MD: considering a property with easement/future rd

Househacking near Frederick, MD: considering a property with easement/future rd

Member since 2024 · 22 posts · 10 votes

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a home near Frederick that has been on the market 9 months ! It's been under contract a couple times and offers withdrawn.  According to the listing agent, it's a hard sell because there is an easement between this property and another property that will be THE entry road to a new housing development.  No timeline on the development. 

It's in the country so people looking in that area generally want peace and quiet. Guessing the potential long term construction of a new road and housing development with no time line is scaring people away. Or maybe it's the traffic that will come as the house will be at the entry road to the development. 

Is there anything else to consider here? I'd suffer through 3 years of construction if I could get a good deal but it does concern me that this house is sitting so long.

0Reply
19 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Yasmin Mughal:

    Hi, I'm considering purchasing a home near Frederick that has been on the market 9 months ! It's been under contract a couple times and offers withdrawn.  According to the listing agent, it's a hard sell because there is an easement between this property and one near it that will be THE entry road to a new development.  No timeline on the development. 

    It's in the country so people looking in that area generally want peace and quiet so guessing the potential long term construction of a new road and development with no time line is scaring people away. Or maybe it's the traffic that will come near as the house will be at the entry rd to the development. 

    Is there anything else to consider here? I'd suffer through 3 years of construction if I could get a good deal but it does concern me that this house is sitting so long.


     There's construction every where in Frederick. I suspect it is more of a pricing issue than an easement issue. Unless the easement is like taking half the lot of land away. 

  • Member since 2024 · 22 posts · 10 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Russell Brazil:
    Quote from @Yasmin Mughal:

    Hi, I'm considering purchasing a home near Frederick that has been on the market 9 months ! It's been under contract a couple times and offers withdrawn.  According to the listing agent, it's a hard sell because there is an easement between this property and one near it that will be THE entry road to a new development.  No timeline on the development. 

    It's in the country so people looking in that area generally want peace and quiet so guessing the potential long term construction of a new road and development with no time line is scaring people away. Or maybe it's the traffic that will come near as the house will be at the entry rd to the development. 

    Is there anything else to consider here? I'd suffer through 3 years of construction if I could get a good deal but it does concern me that this house is sitting so long.


     There's construction every where in Frederick. I suspect it is more of a pricing issue than an easement issue. Unless the easement is like taking half the lot of land away. 

    Thanks for the feedback, Russell. Price has been reduced twice significantly so something else is likely at play. 

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Yasmin Mughal:
    Quote from @Russell Brazil:
    Quote from @Yasmin Mughal:

    Hi, I'm considering purchasing a home near Frederick that has been on the market 9 months ! It's been under contract a couple times and offers withdrawn.  According to the listing agent, it's a hard sell because there is an easement between this property and one near it that will be THE entry road to a new development.  No timeline on the development. 

    It's in the country so people looking in that area generally want peace and quiet so guessing the potential long term construction of a new road and development with no time line is scaring people away. Or maybe it's the traffic that will come near as the house will be at the entry rd to the development. 

    Is there anything else to consider here? I'd suffer through 3 years of construction if I could get a good deal but it does concern me that this house is sitting so long.


     There's construction every where in Frederick. I suspect it is more of a pricing issue than an easement issue. Unless the easement is like taking half the lot of land away. 

    Thanks for the feedback, Russell. Price has been reduced twice significantly so something else is likely at play. 


     What's the address?

  • Member since 2024 · 22 posts · 10 votes
    2y

    I messaged you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.