Actually, Youngstown area. Newish to real estate

Actually, Youngstown area. Newish to real estate

Newton Falls Ohio · Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 13 votes

Hi Folks,

I am kind of new to real estate. I'm a buy and hold investor with 2 rental properties in Warren Ohio. I bought the first one in 2022 and the second in 2023. I just wanted to introduce myself and do a little networking. It seems most of the investors in my area are out of town/state and the closest REIA is well over an hour from me. BP seems like a good place to make connections and hopefully learn some things along the way.

4Reply
64 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
2y
Quote from @Marshall C. Call II:

Hi Folks,

I am kind of new to real estate. I'm a buy and hold investor with 2 rental properties in Warren Ohio. I bought the first one in 2022 and the second in 2023. I just wanted to introduce myself and do a little networking. It seems most of the investors in my area are out of town/state and the closest REIA is well over an hour from me. BP seems like a good place to make connections and hopefully learn some things along the way.

Where are you located? I run a monthly meetup in Boardman. I can send you the info if you're interested. 
See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Marshall C. Call II:

    Hi Folks,

    I am kind of new to real estate. I'm a buy and hold investor with 2 rental properties in Warren Ohio. I bought the first one in 2022 and the second in 2023. I just wanted to introduce myself and do a little networking. It seems most of the investors in my area are out of town/state and the closest REIA is well over an hour from me. BP seems like a good place to make connections and hopefully learn some things along the way.

    Where are you located? I run a monthly meetup in Boardman. I can send you the info if you're interested. 
  • Min ZhangBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hey Marshall! I am not from Youngstown but from Cleveland and have investments there. Would love to connect! Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything!

    1. Samuel DioufBusiness Member
      Real Estate Agent · Columbus & Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      2y

      Welcome to BP Marshall,

      These forums are a great place to learn and meet people, whether you're just starting out or you're a seasoned investor.

      I'm based in Columbus and would be happy to connect! 

    2. Realtor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 340 posts · 215 votes
      2y

      Hi, welcome yes Ohio is a good place to invest in Real Estate. Thanks for reaching out!

    3. Newton Falls Ohio · Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 13 votes
      2y
      Quote from @Nicole Heasley Beitenman:
      Quote from @Marshall C. Call II:

      Hi Folks,

      I am kind of new to real estate. I'm a buy and hold investor with 2 rental properties in Warren Ohio. I bought the first one in 2022 and the second in 2023. I just wanted to introduce myself and do a little networking. It seems most of the investors in my area are out of town/state and the closest REIA is well over an hour from me. BP seems like a good place to make connections and hopefully learn some things along the way.

      Where are you located? I run a monthly meetup in Boardman. I can send you the info if you're interested. 

    4. Newton Falls Ohio · Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 13 votes
      2y

      I am VERY interested. I am new to BP as well so I'm not sure how info is shared on here. Do we have this discussion here on this thread? Do we do it through some sort of PM?

    5. Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
      2y
      Quote from @Marshall C. Call II:

      I am VERY interested. I am new to BP as well so I'm not sure how info is shared on here. Do we have this discussion here on this thread? Do we do it through some sort of PM?

      Hi Marshall--it's in person. Are you local to the northeast Ohio area?
    6. Newton Falls Ohio · Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 13 votes
      2y

      Yes. 15 miles from Youngstown.

    7. Rental Property Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2023 · 128 posts · 124 votes
      2y

      Hello fellow investor! I'm located in and invest in Youngstown myself. Always nice to meet others. I haven't gone to Nichole's monthly meetup because I'm a bit of a recluse, but she's been doing it for a good while and I think it's definitely worth a visit if you're less socially-averse than I am lol.

    8. Newton Falls Ohio · Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 13 votes
      2y

      Hi Alex! I'm a bit socially awkward myself but I'll definitely be going to one or more of these meet ups. Everything I hear is that your network is everything. Gotta grow mine for sure!

    9. Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
      2y
      Quote from @Marshall C. Call II:

      Hi Folks,

      I am kind of new to real estate. I'm a buy and hold investor with 2 rental properties in Warren Ohio. I bought the first one in 2022 and the second in 2023. I just wanted to introduce myself and do a little networking. It seems most of the investors in my area are out of town/state and the closest REIA is well over an hour from me. BP seems like a good place to make connections and hopefully learn some things along the way.


       Welcome aboard playa.

    10. Akron, OH · Member since 2024 · 101 posts · 78 votes
      2y
      Quote from @Marshall C. Call II:

      Hi Folks,

      I am kind of new to real estate. I'm a buy and hold investor with 2 rental properties in Warren Ohio. I bought the first one in 2022 and the second in 2023. I just wanted to introduce myself and do a little networking. It seems most of the investors in my area are out of town/state and the closest REIA is well over an hour from me. BP seems like a good place to make connections and hopefully learn some things along the way.


      Hello, I just live over in Kent so pretty close to you. I have been looking at homes in alliance on up to Conneaut and just have never run across a property manager in your area. Reach out anytime !

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.