Fixed Income investment recommendation for my IRA

Fixed Income investment recommendation for my IRA

Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 4 votes

I do private lending in a self directed IRA with Equity Trust Company as my custodian. Often, I am not able to keep all of my ira funds invested in active loans so I would like to be able to keep the money that is not invested in loans in a liquid "money market" type of fund on a temporary basis. My goal would be to be able to access those funds fairly quickly if more lending opportunities become available. Does anyone know of a money market mutual fund or a fixed income fund that could be used for this purpose within my Equity Trust IRA?

2Reply
23 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Denver McClurePro Member
    Financial Advisor · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2018 · 661 posts · 479 votes
    1y

    @Jeff Nash may have a few great ideas for you!

  • Michael CalveyPro Member
    Head of Sales at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2023 · 134 posts · 154 votes
    1y

    Glad to hear that you are using Equity Trust already as they happen to be our official partner for self directed IRAs. :) 

    It sounds like you are looking for a specific investment opportunity? vs. needing to get checkbook control set up? Am I understanding that? 

    If you are looking for an investment option that they connect with, have you asked anyone at ETC for options? I'm happy to make a personal intro to someone for you if you'd like. Just send me a message. Maybe @John Bowens can offer some help as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.