Are Realtors barred from “stealing” a Client’s deal

Are Realtors barred from “stealing” a Client’s deal

Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes

I have an off market opportunity for a 3 plex that I’m looking at. I’d like to discuss it with a realtor, but I’m worried that if I disclose the deal, the realtor could bid against me on the property. Are there ethical prohibitions on agents bidding or competing on a deal that their client brought to them?

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Kevin Berry:

    I have an off market opportunity for a 3 plex that I’m looking at. I’d like to discuss it with a realtor, but I’m worried that if I disclose the deal, the realtor could bid against me on the property. Are there ethical prohibitions on agents bidding or competing on a deal that their client brought to them?

    Who are you intending on being the end buyer?
    Why are you involving an agent?
    Are you able to close the transaction (have enough money (and/or credit) ?

    It's too open ended of a question.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.