Real Estate Agent · Richmond, VA · Member since 2024 · 7 posts · 3 votes
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone has had much success with direct mail marketing companies like Yellow Letter HQ, propstream, etc.. to source off market properties and if so what criteria are you inputing (absentee owners, vacants, tax delinquent)? I've used Propstream in the past but have had no luck and it seemed like a lot of their data was outdated. I used to source all my own leads and send personalized letters which brought some success but is just too time-consuming now. I don't have a problem with spending 2-3k on a good marketing campaign but would like to see what has worked for others. Is there a company or criteria that you swear by? Any and all input is appreciated, thank you!
Just wondering if anyone has had much success with direct mail marketing companies like Yellow Letter HQ, propstream, etc.. to source off market properties and if so what criteria are you inputing (absentee owners, vacants, tax delinquent)? I've used Propstream in the past but have had no luck and it seemed like a lot of their data was outdated. I used to source all my own leads and send personalized letters which brought some success but is just too time-consuming now. I don't have a problem with spending 2-3k on a good marketing campaign but would like to see what has worked for others. Is there a company or criteria that you swear by? Any and all input is appreciated, thank you!
I tried that early on in my career and what i noticed is some companies are hit or miss, over time they just become misses. For instance mailers weren't going out that I was paying for numerous ones would get stuck together so probably wasn't getting to all the homes I wanted etc. Then mailers become white noise to homeowners.
What I found works better is working with a title attorney that can pull records on neighborhood of people who have owned the house forever, or are getting behind on their mortgage. Go out and take a look at the house from the outside and then hammer it that way. It does take time but I find you get better quality. On your mailers to the owners, use invitation size cards and hand write the address. It's more likely to get opened that way.