Creative financing, preapproved for $120k at 0% interest. Too good to be true?

Creative financing, preapproved for $120k at 0% interest. Too good to be true?

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 1 vote

I own a single-family rental in Pensacola worth about $425K, and it's currently just about breaking even on rent. The property is zoned for an additional unit, and I'm considering adding a 900 sq. ft. ADU in the backyard which could bring in an additional $2500 monthly.

Based on current estimates, construction would run $170–$210 per sq. ft., so roughly $200K total, plus another $22K for permits and design.

I can pull about $80K from my business line of credit and another $40K from savings, but I’ll still need around $120K to finish the project.

I recently came across something called “0% interest financing through business credit lines.” It sounds great on paper, but also kind of too good to be true.

Insights or firsthand experiences much appreciated!

1Reply
60 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11mo

    I would be leery. Do they have a online website? Reviews? Are they requiring upfront fees/payment? Plenty of scams where they string you along and have you pay $$ in their upfront fees

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.