opinion about S Phillips Ave, Chicago IL

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 313 posts · 149 votes
10mo

Asking for advice based on a street in a city isn't going to yield good results

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Jiovani Motsebo Nengoue:

    Hello, I'd like to get some investor opinions from Chicago. I'm interested in a property on S Phillips Ave, Chicago, IL, and I'd like to know if it's a good area to invest in. Thank you.

    Hey @Jiovani Motsebo Nengoue, welcome to the BP Forum! What type of properties most interests you, SFR, 2-4 MF, or 5+ MF? What neighborhood(s) on Phillips Ave are you looking at, South Shore? South Chicago?

    • Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 4 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Jaycee Greene:
      Quote from @Jiovani Motsebo Nengoue:

      Hello, I'd like to get some investor opinions from Chicago. I'm interested in a property on S Phillips Ave, Chicago, IL, and I'd like to know if it's a good area to invest in. Thank you.

      Hey @Jiovani Motsebo Nengoue, welcome to the BP Forum! What type of properties most interests you, SFR, 2-4 MF, or 5+ MF? What neighborhood(s) on Phillips Ave are you looking at, South Shore? South Chicago?

       Hi @Jaycee Greene,i'm interested in the area around the intersection of S Phillips and E 79th St., and it's a 5+ million market. I'd also like to know if the area is promising for investment and, of course, regarding crime.

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 313 posts · 149 votes
    10mo

    Asking for advice based on a street in a city isn't going to yield good results

  • Eudith VacioPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago & NWI · Member since 2015 · 860 posts · 521 votes
    10mo

    Hey @Jiovani Motsebo Nengoue - whats the other cross street on Phillips? really hard to know unless you provide additional details. But if you're looking for crime - neighborhood scout is a great website to look at that information. 

    • Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 4 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Eudith Vacio:

      Hey @Jiovani Motsebo Nengoue - whats the other cross street on Phillips? really hard to know unless you provide additional details. But if you're looking for crime - neighborhood scout is a great website to look at that information. 

      Hi @Eudith, my question concerns the area around the intersection of S Phillips and E 79th St., and it's a 5+ MF. I'd also like to know if the area is promising for investment and, of course, regarding crime.

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10mo

    What's up @Jiovani Motsebo Nengoue!  What block of s phillips ave are you on?

    You are right at the intersection of South Shore and South Chicago.  It's going to be a bit of a rougher area, but for sure it will be block by block.

    Long term, I love the area and think it will continue to gentrify....likel CTA will get a train line down there as well.

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    @Jiovani Motsebo Nengoue

    I agree with @Jonathan Klemm so be sure to do your due diligence on crime stats since those are freely accessible online. I also like niche.com for a high level overview of a neighborhood but if you're serious about the opportunity you should drive by the property and around the neighborhood to see if it's a good fit.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.