How to Find Apartment Complexes

How to Find Apartment Complexes

Kyle HoppmanPro Member
Madison, WI · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 23 votes

Hi everyone, I have own a property that is currently under contract and I'll be doing a 1031 exchange. After all closing costs are paid, I'll be left with approximately $260,000. I'm looking to buy small apartment complexes in the $1million range, using a DSCR loan with 20% down. What do you guys use to find apartment complexes? Do you use Zillow or other programs that allow you to filter very specific requirements for properties located within the US?

0Reply
57 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Philadelphia · Member since 2024 · 42 posts · 20 votes
    9mo

    For small apartment deals, Zillow is usually the weakest source. Most of the better opportunities come from broker relationships, off-market outreach, and platforms like Crexi/LoopNet (with direct broker follow-up). For a 1031, getting in front of brokers early matters more than filters.

    Happy to connect and share what’s worked for me—feel free to DM.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.