Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who’s reached out to me here on BiggerPockets, including the team at Rent to Retirement, for taking the time to answer some beginner questions. I’m still early in the learning process, but it’s really encouraging to connect with people who are willing to help newcomers.
Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
6mo
Deborah, that is great to hear. The BP community can be a great resource when you are starting out. Keep asking questions, stay curious and try to connect with experienced investors locally as well. That is often where the biggest learning happens.
@Janice Carter Thank you! That is great advice. Connecting locally is challenging as I live in Canada and intend to invest in the U.S. so unless they're on BP, I wouldn't know how to connect with them. We have lots of Meetups about the local market, but not outside of Canada.
Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
6mo
Deborah, that makes sense. BiggerPockets can be a great way to connect with investors and professionals in markets outside of Canada. If you are investing in the U.S. and have any interest in Atlanta, Georgia, feel free to connect. I am a real estate broker and mortgage broker here and would be happy to help.
Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6mo
Welcome to the community, Deborah! I recommend starting by identifying your target market and connecting with investors who are already active in that area. That way, you can learn about the local dynamics, deals, and strategies that are actually working on the ground. Best of luck on your journey!
@Min Zhang Thank you, Min. That is great advice. I'll do more research and do that. I really do want to be familiar with where I intend to invest, take a trip, see what's it like. Thanks.