DSCR Isn’t Just About Getting Approved

DSCR Isn’t Just About Getting Approved

Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 43 posts · 22 votes


One thing I like about DSCR loans is they make investors think differently.

Instead of only asking “Can I qualify?” the question becomes:

“Does the property actually perform?”

0Reply
57 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 92 posts · 38 votes
    3mo

    I agree. I think DSCR loans force investors to focus on the fundamentals of the asset itself rather than leaning entirely on their personal income. If the property can't support the debt service with conservative assumptions, that's valuable information upfront. It shifts the mindset from "Can I buy this?" to "Should I buy this?" which is probably a healthier way to underwrite deals long term.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.