How do I post a wholesale/subject-to deal on BiggerPockets?

How do I post a wholesale/subject-to deal on BiggerPockets?

Member since 2026 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hi all — I have a signed subject-to deal I'm looking to assign and want to make sure I'm posting it in the right place. I don't see a "Marketplace" option in my navigation — is that behind a Pro subscription now, or has it moved somewhere else?

0Reply
295 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    1mo

    You have to have a pro membership ($30 a month) to post anything in the classifieds which is where you would post it. 

    • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 321 posts · 150 votes
      1mo
      Quote from @Shiloh Lundahl:

      You have to have a pro membership ($30 a month) to post anything in the classifieds which is where you would post it. 

      I haven't had a pro membership for a number of years and I've made multiple posts in the classifieds.  You can find them at https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/517

  • Jacob CamhiBusiness Member
    Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 132 posts · 40 votes
    1mo

    most folks who actually buy wholesale or subject-to deals aren't usually scrolling the general forums looking for them.

    instead, i'd focus on local real estate investor groups on facebook, or in-person meetups. those are the spots where active investors share and snatch up deals quickly.

    i'd also suggest building your own buyer list by checking your county records for recent cash sales in your area, and then reaching out directly to those investors. that's how you build a real network.

    what local investor groups or meetups have you checked out so far for your market?

  • Ryan ThomsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1mo

    BP Marketplace is the right spot. Go to Marketplace, look for the Deals section, and you can list it as a creative finance deal. Most people also post directly in the Creative Finance forum with the numbers in the body to get faster eyes on it. The marketplace gets less organic traffic than the forums do.

    What actually gets traction in those posts:

    - Lead with the numbers (purchase price, remaining balance, your assignment fee)

    - If the loan rate is worth having, put it in the subject line

    - Make the equity gap obvious so buyers can run their own math fast

    One thing worth flagging since you're assigning a sub-to: buyers will want the existing loan details before they respond. If this is a 2020-2022 vintage loan, the rate is probably your entire pitch. Feature it.

    Also worth knowing the distinction since it comes up constantly. Subject-to means the seller's loan stays in their name and the buyer takes title without lender approval. An assumption means the buyer actually qualifies with the lender, takes over the loan in their own name, and the seller gets fully released. If the underlying loan is FHA or VA, a full assumption might be the cleaner move for whoever you're assigning to. No due-on-sale risk, lender-approved, full legal title. Depends on the seller's situation and whether they want off the loan.

    If it's in Colorado, DM me and I can tell you in about 30 seconds whether assumption is worth exploring.

    The Assumable Guy544 Reviews
  • Alyssa MarquezBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio TX / Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2023 · 120 posts · 29 votes
    1mo

    Yep, I run into things like that from time to time…I might verify with BiggerPockets support, or see one of the mods around here…Looks like the Marketplace has changed a little bit and was unsure if subject to assignments are actually permitted in there, as I'd hate for someone to put the deal in there only to have it taken down.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.