Sourcing the right funding

Sourcing the right funding

Cleveland, OH · Member since 2026 · 18 posts · 3 votes

I've came across a couple investors willing to invest into an pre cash flowing convenience store and or smoke shop location but the problem I'm having is in the contracts there putting clauses to where I lose everything even if the business is already empty when I buy it. Who and where do I go to source the correct funding. 

2Reply
132 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Gregory AcsPro Member
    Lender · MD · Member since 2025 · 167 posts · 69 votes
    2d

    Hi Tyrone,

    If the terms require you to take on all the risk while giving up too much control, it’s probably worth looking at other funding options. The cheapest money isn’t always the best if the agreement puts you in a difficult position. I’d also recommend having an attorney review any investment agreement before signing so you fully understand the clauses and your obligations.

    Depending on whether you’re buying the real estate, the business, or both, there may be several financing options available besides private investors. I’d be happy to learn more about your project and discuss different financing structures to see what might be a better fit. Feel free to send me a message.

    • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2026 · 18 posts · 3 votes
      3h

      @Gregory Acs I've just messaged you 

    • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2026 · 18 posts · 3 votes
      3h

      @Gregory Acs I need you to message me sorry and the business has an 2 bedroom apartment connected so both to answer that question.

  • Nicholas FloydBusiness Member
    NY · Member since 2026 · 208 posts · 80 votes
    1h

    Tyrone, I’d be very careful with any agreement where you’re taking on most of the downside while giving up too much control. I’d definitely have a business attorney review the contract before signing anything.

    On the funding side, I work with business owners on options that don’t necessarily require bringing in an equity investor, including business lines of credit, term loans, acquisition/SBA financing when eligible, and revenue-based funding. Smoke shops can be considered a higher-risk industry by some lenders, so finding the right lender and structure is important.

    If you know the purchase price, current monthly revenue, how long the business has been operating, and whether you’re buying just the business or the real estate too, I’d be happy to point you in the right direction.

    • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2026 · 18 posts · 3 votes
      1h

      @Nicholas Floyd  please contact me I have the business information already I just need the perfect lender.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.