What is my next step after obtaining my real estate license??

5 Replies

Once receiving my license, will I have access to MLS listings?; and what else are my immediate benefits? I'm trying to get started with prior sales experience for 8 years.

Godbless,

Matt

Your broker will help you get set up.

In Wisconsin and Minnesota you have to be a member of the local realtors association (and sometimes the state and national association too). I had to go to classes also.

Well you/we would have to know what your goal(s) are to be able to answer that question. A good thing to do is write down your goals a work backwards to see where you need to start.

Yes you will have MLS access once you get your license and that is a huge benefit if you use it properly. Are you in classes now? If so what was your plan for the license when you went and signed up for the classes?

I'm researching now online and about to start the courses. My main interest is investment properties and foreclosures for now. In the future, I'm wanting to eventually own complex's. My partners/investors have a few houses already and I'm trying to gain knowledge on becoming licensed and on being able to handle the legal activities and eventually obtain a brokers license. 

Originally posted by @Chris K.:

Yes you will have MLS access once you get your license and that is a huge benefit if you use it properly.

I don't know about Texas but in WI by getting your license it only provides you the opportunity for MLS access. In WI there is a monthly fee for MLS access. Its not like they hand you a log in when they give you your Realtor certificate. You will need to sign up and pay the fees.

In Texas, you will have to find a broker to sponsor you and join the Board of Realtors your Broker is affiliated with.  FYI, the Tyler Board is one of the most expensive I have encountered.  Count on your initial fees being +- $1000

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here