How can I start this without money for a house & start making money?!

8 Replies

how can I get I to real estate when I don't have money to pay for a house to get started?!

Ask your family members for a loan.

Joe Gore

my family doesn't have money to do so I'm working in the oilfield to better my life but soon realized that I like being home more than I am but still want to make some nice money to buy my own house & have nice things while not having to worry about if I can go to another city for the weekend if you or anyone else has any suggestions that would be great thanks.

Read this site a lot! Make a strict budget and stick to it. Save a down payment. Get an inexpensive home or duplex. Maybe rent half and live in half. Stay strict with budget and do it again but keep first home and rent it out. Etc etc. I am pretty new to this And it does take some cash but it is worth it. Being owner occupant will require less cash than buying a rental you don't live in. Invest in educating yourself on this site while you save. You will learn ways to buy below market value and add value to build equity. Good luck.

thanks for the help!

Is that expensive truck in your avatar yours?  If it is and you don't have money saved up. You might want to think about priorities.

You look young, live frugal and invest.  Just don't quit your day job any time soon. It'll pay off later.

yes it's mine & I think what I'll do is when I decide to buy a house it'll be a trailer house out in the country I'll pay it off & then start to build a house while I rent out the trailer & that's when I can start in this business

& I'm saving money but just dont have $50k to buy anything I have about $10k save up while paying for my truck & my spouses car & other things while she's attending college with in the year I will hopefully have her car paid off & then start working on paying my truck off

I like to listen to Dave Ramsey's podcast on personal finance.  He has several books out too like The Total Money Makeover.  He gives great advice that will help you get a budget and priorities sorted out which will put you on the path to investing and passive income.  I don't agree with him on paying cash for rental properties but that's a way down the road for you.  Good luck.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here