Searching for Salt Lake City Investment Properties

6 Replies

I'm on my way to SLC to help my son and family move into the condo that they are renting.

They need to pay off some debt and improve their credit score before they are ready to buy.

I want to look at some investment properties while I am in town (Aug 2-11).

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks,
Janine

This post has been removed.

What are your goals for investing? Are you looking for a single family, multi, condo? and where do you want to invest specifically? 

Also where is your soon moving? Just curious...

Hi Janine, i hate to discourage, but I have been looking pretty intensely for a multi family property for the last 6 months with no avail.  Our market is tough for finding good rentals!  (at least as a newbie like myself)

@Janine Smith  

Go to IREM.org search for ARM certified property managers. Call 5 ask them what parts of the city they like/dislike and why. Ask them what they see expenses running per category per unit. What do they see them selling for per unit, what is the market occupancy rate. What are the market rents? Ask them if they know anything coming up for sale. Great way to pick up some good info and possibly a deal.

Paul

Thanks Paul! Really appreciate the tips!

Account Closed Great comment Paul. Im going to try your little tip tomorrow. Cheers. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you