Investors buying Land and building Modular on site CT

Investors buying Land and building Modular on site CT

Real Estate Agent · Rockwall TX · Member since 2012 · 13 posts · 1 vote

Recently been noticing investors buying LOTS and putting modular onsite for a buy/hold strategy that seems to make sense- long term.  Have any of you done this and seeing I have been running into quite a few folks thinking of listing lots- wonder if I can find a big enough market of folks who want to go this way....(last one put up a modular Duplex/2 rental units- very very nicely done- pretty amazing property- he is all buy/hold)-

Looking for feedback/discussion- does not have to be CT could be anywhere- CT is just where I happen to be and am noticing this trend...  Was not sure WHICH Forum to place this in so @Joshua D. 

if I chose the wrong one- feel free to change accordingly (just let me know where it is so I can follow up!)  thanks!

0Reply
19 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Dawn McNary  I have thought about using the same strategy here in CT.  What specific areas of Connecticut do you see people doing this type of development?

  • W Hartford, CT · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    I've thought about trying this strategy too. I'd love to hear more about where in Connecticut it's working well. I was thinking possibly the Farmington Valley area. 

  • Professional · Nokomis, FL · Member since 2013 · 123 posts · 99 votes
    12y

    @Dawn McNary - Have you checked with the Modular Home Sales Center in Colchester?  It has been there for years and seems to do a good business.  I have not done business with them myself but was reminded of them when I was at my home on Lake Hayward this summer.

  • Investor · Milford, CT · Member since 2012 · 592 posts · 285 votes
    12y

    I personally don't think new construction is in worth it in CT just yet but glad to hear a few people taking that challenge.  I still see new construction sitting on the market from some contractors taking risk.  But maybe in a long term buy and hold it may just work. I would think it would have to be a multi unit complex not just a duplex.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.