Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2012 · 5 posts · 0 votes
Hello Fellow BP Members. I'm looking to add another property or two to my small but growing property portfolio (1 SFH, 1 Duplex and 1 Condo). Each property is owned free and clear but I want to keep my available cash in place for any unforeseen expenses. I'm interested in using a hard money/private lender for my next purchase. This would be a one year loan which I hope to convert to a traditional 15 year mortgage after the property has established a suitable rental history. Does this sound feasible?
Since this is my first hard money loan I'm very interested in hearing suggestions or any recommendations from lenders my fellow BP members have used.
The purchase would be a duplex in a nice rental market here in the west coast of Florida.
Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
If your rentals are paid off, why don't you take out a line of credit on them then use it as cash for your next purchase. Your rates will be waaaay cheaper than using HML.